justin2305 is offline Senior Member

Question bodybuilding!?!?!?!?!

aight bros here it is i am currently 5 9 180lbs with 8%bf i am really an enterested person in the sport of bodybuilding i love to work out and over the past few yrs i have found soooo many diff. types of workouts to build diff. things i am not exactlly happy with my size and want to get bigger "keep my bf% but build alot of mass while in doing so".... out of the hundreds of workouts i cant really find a good sckedule on what to work and when to work it and with what mucsle.. here is the best i have found that is working for me so far tell me what yall think...
    i base it on a 2week routine so i can get the rest i need and space out each body part for recovery time:::

mon:bis/back/abs
    tue:shoulders/calves
    wed:chest/tris/abs
    thur:legs
    fri:rest/abs
    sat:bis/back
    sun:shoulders/calves/abs
    mon:rest
    tue:chest/tris/abs
    wed:legs
    thur:bis/back/abs
    fri:shoulders/calves
    sat:chest/tris/abs
    sun:rest
    Then repeat from the top!!!

let me no what yall guys think and maybe how i could improve it....
    thanks a bunch

fritz2435 is offline Member
    working out 12/14 days may be overkill

do u think it is even though each body part is spaced 5days apart???ive heard to let ur muscles rest for 4-7days so i do it for 5 what do u think and how should i change it up???thanks

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    If you want size, this may not be a good choice. i will list everything i dont like about it, it is not in any specific order

1. your back is more important than your bis, putting your bis first is hurting your back poundages thus hurting your back growth
    2. THeir is no way that i can get a productive delt workout the day after bis and back, but some guys do it, i dont agree with it
    3. YOur chest, your most important muscle, is heavily fatigued the day after shoulders, Working out chest the day after shoulders is just a terrible idea, your poundages will be so off and with sore shoulders and back, 2 very imp muscles that get used in chest ex's. =overtrained
    4. you are using your delts 3 days in a row.
    5. you have no where near enough recover days, the 1 day of rest you use is simply not enough.

you will loose massive amounts of muscle doing this split unless you are loaded up on test.

do u have another workout sckege u can send me and how u would recomend my skege to be... thanks a bunch bro

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    Im by no means an expert. Im in my second week of my first cycle, taking loeffler 4l-a testosterona 750mg a week, 1cc EOD. I learned 3 rules I go by..
    1. Train hard
    2. Eat harder
    3. Rest hardest

If you dont give ur body ample time to recover, you'll never progress.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    IMO your definately over training your triceps. You use tri's primarily when doing tricep workouts, but you also use them in a minor fashion during shoulders and chest...

aight what do u think bout me spliting up my workout something like...if u could add or make some changes for me that would be great thanks..
    mon:chest
    tue:legs
    wed:bis
    thur:shoulders
    fri:rest
    sat:tris

something of that sort or what???thanks for the help bro

maybe consider this which has worked great for me

day 1 chest/bis
    day 2 legs
    day 3 off
    day 4 off
    day 5 delts/tris
    day 6 off
    day 7 back

if you feel that you dont need day 4 off, go with out it, but the idea is to have absolutely ZERO soreness and to be FULLY RECOVERED by delt day.

also, i can see you want to give your arms their own day. it is not really necessary. your arms get torn up nice and good in other compound movements which are more important.

what you need to do is put the priority of chest, back delts and legs over arms. pair chest with bis and pair delts with tris, they will be about 90-95% strong. trust me bro, chest back and shoulders is what you want to build up if you want big arms. your arms will stay in proportion to those. see where i am goin here? i am also willing to guess you spend way to much time on arms. Having a bi only and tri only workout is a waste of time because you shouldnt be working them out that long.

thanks for taking the criticism positively.
    Last edited by IronReload04; 10-20-2004 at 10:13 PM.

in that one work out i was asking u if that would be good im not doing that workout im doing the one at the top this one...

mon:bis/back/abs
    tue:shoulders/calves
    wed:chest/tris/abs
    thur:legs
    fri:rest/abs
    sat:bis/back
    sun:shoulders/calves/abs
    mon:rest
    tue:chest/tris/abs
    wed:legs
    thur:bis/back/abs
    fri:shoulders/calves
    sat:chest/tris/abs
    Then repeat from the top!!!

thank u for ur advice i very much appriciate it... if u have ne thing else u would like to tell me... i take criticism positive all the time i find that it helps to modivate me more in becoming of the statue that i want... thanks a bunch bro

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    If you are wanting to pack on size, you will need to work out hard, with moderate/low reps and give your body a LOT of recovery time. Working out as much as you are right now would only work to put on size if you were on a pretty substatial AAS cycle.

I would suggest you do something like:

M- Chest / Triceps
    T - Back / Biceps
    W -Legs
    Th -Rest
    F - Shoulders / Traps
    Sa- Rest
    Su - Rest

abs - a couple of times a week. At 185lbs at 8%, I wouldn't make abs a major priority item while trying to get some size like doing them every other day as you are now.....just enough to keep them sharp.

On these days, really blast each muscle group with some heavy, low rep high intensity exercises and take the muscle groups to pretty much failure. Then let them rest for 6 days before hitting it again. Make sure to keep your protein up to about 2g per pound of bodyweight and pump glutamine at about 15g a day.

Remember it is the time OUT of the gym that you grow, not while you are pumping weights. The purpose of the weights is to tear it down so you can grow. Make sure you are hitting your legs pretty hard as well.....I haven't met a single bodybuilder yet with substantial size that hasn't had a good set of wheels.

Best of luck.
    RedBaron
    Hey RedBaron, I know its better to work on chest/tri and back/bis, but does it make a big difference if I swap the tri and bi, my bis aren't getting much after i'm done my back, forarms are already weak.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    redbaron.... were is forearms in that split up??? Were would you put forearms into that splitup?
    Last edited by unclemoney; 10-21-2004 at 05:36 PM.

Thread Information