Thread: shock

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member

shock

At times when I work out my trys i get shocking feelings in my trys. Does anyone know what could cause this?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Explain more...

When I do skull crushes, I will get like a shock that starts at either end of the try and work itself through to the other side. Feels like nerves I guess. I do get it once in a while in my forarm when I do bicep using the EZ curl bar on the preacher curl bench. Its mostly in my week arm, the left one.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I get the exact same thing in my forearms doing reverse curls. It feels like an electrical impulse running through the top part of my forearm. I don't know what that is. I just work through it.

Thats prety much what I get, its not bad to work with, but when your doing skull crushes alone, the last thing you want to do is eat a steal bar

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay, as long as it is not numbness pain which is a sign of a heart attack. Sounds like possiblity of lack of blood flow maybe from too tight of grip. Muscle tightness or weak can hit nerves to cause some tingling/shocking feeling. As long as it does not get progressively worse just deal with it. Most lifters have some type of pain to deal with to include myself.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    It could be the angle at which your arms are. Try to switch your hand positions, or let your elbows flare out some.

Sounds good! I'm going to keep track when I get it and what I think is causing it. So far I think its when I am tired and didn't eat anough that day.... thanks guys

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    I get that feeling sometimes. I always assumed it was the joints rubbing a part of the muscle that is getting to tight from working them up or maybe from some type of dehydration in that area.

Feels like a section of the muscles for me like their pulling away from where they really belong at and the differant muscle areas are trying to seperate. Or one muscle group is getting to much bloodflow to the rest of the area ?

Thread Information