Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first day of dc

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    ive always with big movements involving a huge deal of muscle being that 15-20 reps is best(squats and deads) i actually just got done reading a study on it with 21 people that used lower reps and 21 that used higher and the higher catagory came out on top! now i now everyone is different but this is what the study showed! just somethin to think about! but anyways thanks in-human!

when you say hammer d.b flat do you mean hammer strength machine or hammer grip? like palms facing each other?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    the night that my bench press was up 3 reps, i was down 15 pounds in body weight by the way.

not bad are you dieting or something? you're down 15 in like a month or so?

down 15 pounds in 3 weeks. i am not taking anything or doing anything extra special. it is just happening for me and everything is falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    when you say hammer d.b flat do you mean hammer strength machine or hammer grip? like palms facing each other?
    hammer grip d.b.'s presses...

**** machines

ok coo coo i didnt know what you meant by hammers! do you find it hard to do rest/pause sets with dumbells? it's got to be hard as hell kicking em up three times in like a minute for shoulder press with db's you got a tip for using dumbells with this program ?

the d.b. hammer bench is cake with rest pauses.
    the d.b. mil rest pause is nearly impossible for me, i cant really think of anything that would help with dumbells

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    Nice numbers, now I would consider the two set of 10 and 12 reps just warm up and not working sets, we try not to give up any strength here on warm ups, so you can save it for the two very tough working sets, of course the more weight you push the more warm ups you will need, but do not wear yourself out on them, so after warm ups go with one heavy set of 8-12 reps than a very heavy set of 4-8, most of the trainees come out to being one heavy set of 8 then a heavier 4 rep set...
    hmmm...ill give that a try then...the 1st 2 sets are somewhat tough, but i could make them tougher...ill work that in this week and see what it does for my legs...i bet i loose some weight on my last 2 sets

iron or in-human i have another question for you, what is the main purpose of the 3 exercises in the dc training, i mean i understand the variety aspect of it but wouldnt you say by the time you hit that exercise again 12 days later that the strength that you have built with that specific exercise would go down because of the long 12 day span???

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    iron or in-human i have another question for you, what is the main purpose of the 3 exercises in the dc training, i mean i understand the variety aspect of it but wouldnt you say by the time you hit that exercise again 12 days later that the strength that you have built with that specific exercise would go down because of the long 12 day span???
    No its just the opposite, remember we are training each muscle group two times every 8 days, so with ample rest, diet and with your willing recovery abilities you will add weight and or reps every single time you rotate back to each and every exercise. Some exercises you will stagnate in a few months depending on your strength levels and some exercises will last you a year, and depending on your strength you may even top out on some exercises, you will pin the heaviest DBs to the stack or that Leg Press will be out of room for more plates. This program DC has worked on it for some 10 years and this is the best protocal right now and works great for 99% of the trainees...
    Last edited by In-Human; 11-19-2004 at 11:17 AM.

in-human, arent you a trainee of dante???

in-human, arent you a trainee of dante???
    Yes I am and I also help DC with training his client overload...

ok good well then i have another question for you! could the days be slit up at all in different ways but keep the same recovery time and same techniques???
    Last edited by crosby7117; 11-19-2004 at 01:00 PM.

ok good well then i have another question for you! could the days be slit up at all in different ways but keep the same recovery time and same techniques???
    If I understand your question the idea is to work your upper body one day and not come back to your upper body for 5 days, so that way you get rest and recouperation, I know we do Biceps and Forearms on Leg day but you would not be able to add arms to your chest day, since back is done on the same day...

i see what you mean! it's jsut really hard on me because the intensity i use when doing this program is extremely high plus im starting to diet and it's just getting hard to keep that intensity after tri's and even shoulders sometimes!

i see what you mean! it's jsut really hard on me because the intensity i use when doing this program is extremely high plus im starting to diet and it's just getting hard to keep that intensity after tri's and even shoulders sometimes!
    Yes this program is designed to add as much muscle to your frame in the shortest amount of time, its not for dieting to get lean unless you have been using this program for gains then you are needing to get lean for a contest, then that is a different story. We eat great amounts on this program, to get to that next level of muscle you must eat your way there, no we do not get fat, we even lose BF as we gain muscle, protein takes more kcals to burn then does carbs or fat...

so you dont thionk it will help in even keeping gains, im about 205 right now natural and eat about 375g-400g of protein a day???

so you dont thionk it will help in even keeping gains, im about 205 right now natural and eat about 375g-400g of protein a day???
    Stick to the program the way its laid out, if you are a very advanced trainee then we can tweak it a bit depending on recovery and weights you lift, so just go at it with no changes...

man, the flu layed the knock out punch on me. i was out of commission for 6 days. tomarrow,my first day back, i get to squat...yayyy!!! to me, it looks like i have back tracked a little on my fat loss efforts, however i highly doubt i have lost any muscle or strength. luckily, it was not a stomache thing and i was pretty much able to will the protien down my throat.

man things have been difficult lately. i had some strength loss after that flu. before i got it back, i od'd on the reefer, extreme panic and anxiety attacks and i thought i was gonna die of a heart attack. no joke, i felt that the possibility of a heart attack was real. i have been shaken up pretty badly the last couple of days. at least i came out of this more motivated than ever to train. i have a new outlook on **** now, just happy to be alive. just been feeling really strange. in a couple of weeks, i will be making some sick gains though

IR, **** thats a scare, glad you are ok, and good luck getting back to training...

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    man things have been difficult lately. i had some strength loss after that flu. before i got it back, i od'd on the reefer, extreme panic and anxiety attacks and i thought i was gonna die of a heart attack. no joke, i felt that the possibility of a heart attack was real. i have been shaken up pretty badly the last couple of days. at least i came out of this more motivated than ever to train. i have a new outlook on **** now, just happy to be alive. just been feeling really strange. in a couple of weeks, i will be making some sick gains though
    od'ing sounds kind of sound irresponsible. i just had a really strange reaction to the stuff. i used from that stash many times. i actually took in less than i usually do. i wish i knew wether or not it was purely a bad reaction or i smoked it too fast with lack of o2 or somthing. i doubt i will ever be able to smoke again though. my heart was beating faster than a drum beat of a slayer song, way faster and literally and my chest hurt so bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information