Thread: Routine??

sensaispike is offline Member

Question Routine??

i have been trying to bulk for awile now but i have been stuck at 170lbs body weight for sometime now and cant seem to get over that hump any help would be great....

ok this is what my routine looks like.... mon-chest, flat bench bb 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... inclined bench db, 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... Declined bench bb 3 sets first 2 (8-12 reps) 3rd max.... Tue-back exercises are weighted pullups, deadlifts, bentover t-bar rows, and fullrange of motion lat pulldowns, this follows pretty much the same rep scheme... Wed-sholuders Hammer strength shoulder press machine, rear delt flys on cables, cubin presses and shrugs...
    Thu-legs... squats, leg press, leg extenison, leg curels, calf rases toes in, out, and stright....
    Fri-arms weighted dips, seated tri extentions, standind tri extenisons on cable machine,
    preacher curls, seated alternating consentration curls, hammer curls, bb curls/ or high cable curles...do you guys think this is overtraning...... also i usully go pretty heavy and my form is ok but not great... the rep scheam is pretty much the same for all exercises......
    Also i have been thinking of switching to supersets for everything so i can boost my strength and that way when i go back to my regular routine i will be able to gain more mass....

i am sure i am going wrong some whare so please let me know what you think.....

Thanks and L8ter
    Last edited by sensaispike; 11-08-2004 at 09:39 AM.

here are the measurements.......
    bi's 16 1/4 in
    forearms 14in
    Chest 42 in
    thigs 23 1/2 in
    calvs 15in
    waist 32 in
    these were all taken cold

and here is a link to a post that has my pic's on it if you guys want to take a look

geting discuraged

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you implement periodization into your routine or do you just follow the same regimen year round? I use a variation of it in my routine. Basically you put your body through different phases of training. Hypertrophy, Strength, Power, etc. Read up on periodization training and adapt it to suit your routine. The constant change in exercise shocks the body and allows you to break through plateaus. Good luck bro.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    Do you implement periodization into your routine or do you just follow the same regimen year round? I use a variation of it in my routine. Basically you put your body through different phases of training. Hypertrophy, Strength, Power, etc. Read up on periodization training and adapt it to suit your routine. The constant change in exercise shocks the body and allows you to break through plateaus. Good luck bro.
    I'm glad that I am seeing more posts that encourage periodization. In order for fitness gains to continue, the training stimulus must remain effective. Periodization is a great way to keep the stimulus effective.

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    what does your diet look like? how many calories are in a day?
    also you should read swole cats article on " is this why you dont grow"
    http://www.anabolicmonsterz.com/foru...ead.php?t=3081

i think you are doing way to much for arms. you only need to do like 2/3 heavy lifts for bis and 2/3 heavy lifts for tris.

my arms workout to give you an idea:
    bb curls 3x8-10
    weighted dips 3x8-10
    rope cable hammer curls 3x8
    decline skullcrushers 3x8
    incline bench db curls 3x10
    cable pushdowns 3x8

thats 3 excercises for bis and 3 for tris. that makes my arms sore for days if you really push yourself and do heavy weight with good form.

post your diet and lets make sure your eating enough to grow.
    what is your goal? im trying to get to 230lbs right now and im at 222lb and growing

ok well i might be neglecting diet somewhat this semester because i am really busy and dont have time to eat like i should.... how ever next semester i will be eating like a animal... its just not easy being in school and makeing time for all this other stuff.... acc the lifting is the most important thing to me.... wouldint it be great if we could get paid to lift and keep our diet in check, maybe some day ..... any way i have got to get to class now..... will post more specific diet later...

L8ter

rugbyking is offline Associate Member
    lifting is important but honestly the diet you follow is what is going to determine whether you fail or succeed. you need to make sure your getting over 3000 calories a day and at least 250grams of protein for your body size. thats just a rough guess. it also needs to be good foods like tuna, chicken, brown rice, oatmeal, steak, nuts, efas, flax oils. not getting 3000 calories cause you ate 4 whoppers. im sure your aware of this i just want to kinda point it out. you said its hard when your in school , well its hard anywhere you try to do this at. what your going to have to do is prepare food ahead of time and keep it in tupperware containers. i bring 4 containers with me to work everyday. be persistant and creative and you will see the results. post your diet when you get a chance and ill help critique it for ya and make sure your doing everything you can to be your best.

Thread Information