Thread: Need some help!

OoDee is offline Junior Member

Need some help!

Since I´m pretty new to here I think little introduction would be good. I´m an (almost) 18 year old guy from Finland. I´ve been working out for about three and a half years now. I´ll say I´m natural since I only take protein and creatine.
    And to the point:
    First. Before I started working out I had already played ice hockey for about 7 or 8 years. Due to that my right upperbody is slightly smaller than left. Or at least I think it is ´cause when I look at the mirror I can see that especially my right tricep and chest are smaller than on the left side. The difference isn´t big but it shows if you look closely. When I´m training biceps and triceps and I can get no more reps whit my right hand, my left hand could still do atleast a couple more. But the funny thing is that the burn in my left hand is always better. And this is what I´m most concerned about. It seems like no matter what I do I can´t achieve the same burn in my right hand. And I´m afraid that if I´ll go on like this my left hand (and chest) will get bigger faster. So the difference between my left and right would increase.

And another thing. I´m worried if I´m having troubles with gaining more muscle mass. When I first measured my arms (I think it was last May or June) they were about 36-37cm. Yesterday I checked out them again and they were like 36½cm. From last August to November my results improved a lot. Almost every time I was able to push on rep more (than last time). Now, I know it doesn´t necessarily mean that I should´ve gained more muscle mass but I´m pretty amazed that it looks like I didn´t gain it at all.

Looks this ended up being pretty damn long post and I hope you can understand at least some of it (I apologize for my english). And if you did I´d be glad to hear some advice (if you got any). Maybe I should change my workout routine or something... I don´t know.

Oh and here´s my routine:
    Mon- tri´s, chest, shoulders
    Tue- bi´s, back
    Wed- Legs
    Thur- Rest
    Fri- tri´s, chest, shoulders
    Sat- bi´s, back
    Sun- Rest

OoDee

p.s. Again. I´m sorry for the long post.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hmm...i'm not too sure about the size difference with your left and right side. You should try and concentrate on using dumbells more for your exercises. But when your working out, really feel the "smaller" side of your body burn, and if needed, train it a little harder then the "bigger" side, so that it can catch up.

In terms of your routine, your working out too many groups, and not enough rest inbetween your workouts. Try reading more and searching for suggestions on workout routines. You should try and work no more then 1-2 groups in one day. This is my workout schedule...

Mon - back/biceps
    Tue - abs/cardio
    Wed - shoulders/legs
    Thu - abs/cardio
    Fri - chest/triceps
    Sat - abs/cardio

There was a good post on this before that I started in which I asked people for advice, and people gave me lots of different options, and they were good. You should try and experiment with them util you find one that works good for you.

Try searching "routine" or "schedule" and you'll find some good threads!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Oh yeah, and your only 17 years old, so don't worry at all about the gains, with hard lifting and a good diet, it will come. Just gotta be patient and stick with it. And do lots and LOTS of research bro!

Great. Thanks a lot!

OoDee

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Train each body part once a week...........

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Have to agree with the guys. Train every body part once a week. Also, don't do major muscles on the same day (chest, shoulders, back, legs).

As for the difference on your right and left side: Give it time. Your weaker side will catch up. Just remember, its normal for one side to be stronger than another. I'm right handed, and if I flex, I can notice a distinct difference between my left and right bicep. Also, both my arms are not the same size, they vary about a 1/4 of an inch.

Maybe that's just me, I don't know. Hey BigKev are both of your arms identical in size?

Oh yeah, and just so you know OoDee, your English is better than a lot of Americans!!!

Posted by VEGETA990:
    Oh yeah, and just so you know OoDee, your English is better than a lot of Americans!!!
    Hehe. After writing a post that has about 2000 words I just felt like there had to be tons of mistakes there.

So how do you guys think I should arrange my routine?
    Maybe something like this:
    day1: chest, tri´s
    day2: abs, cardio
    day3: legs,
    day4: rest
    day5: shoulder´s
    day6: abs, cardio
    day7: rest

Idea´s are welcome!

OoDee
    Last edited by OoDee; 03-12-2002 at 03:59 PM.

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    Well with the football team I use a BFS program and we do Towell bench and box squat on monday, and then on friday we do bench and full squat, but I am getting great results, why is that?

Thread Information