yannick32 is offline Associate Member

Talking Low intensity cardio

In recent years low intensity cardio has been bashed right into the grownd.

But many times i read the post here and lots of you guys do low intensity.

I find this great since i still have back pains and that would suit me fine, even if i hate stationnary bike and treadmill walking.

My goal is to develop a good muscular body, i try to eat around 120g of carbs a day, coming from oat meal ( natural no sugared brand), whole wheat bread and other low glycemic carbs.

I eat around 160-200g of protein a day, coming from 3 whey shakes, cottage cheese, chicken and tuna, whole eggs.

My fat comes from flax oil and eggs yokes.

I train with weight 3 times a week try to get perfect forms and lift heavy my range is between 6-10 reps. Split is Legs, chest and back , arms and delts.

I do legs are done day 1, back and chest day 2, then its 2 days off and i do arms after then its another 2 days off and repeat.

How much cardio should i do to burn around 5 pounds of fat that i have gained, and will low intensity help me do that since i cant run or stair master?
    When should i do my cardio and make sure not to burn up muscles and also i have read many times that doing cardio on an empty stomach might not be a good idea, saw this on the AST website.

Supplements i use are whey protein, multi vit, flax oil, and creatine mixed in water to avoid bloating.

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cardio a.m. on EMPTY is totally fine AS LONG as one knows how to eat to support lean mass preservation/gain the other 23+ hours of the day. Those who say a.m. cardio is catabolic, don't know how to do this.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe am empty stomach too but I also think you can still have a no-carb protein only water drink to help offset some possible muscle wasting, others may disagree. The AST is trying to get you the consumer to purchase their supplement line!

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Yes Blue Thunder i know that AST is going that route, LOL , i have asked Jeff Willet once the best way to take glutamine and i got me taking nearly 40g a day. LOL.

Thanks you very much guys and i will make sure to try this.

Thread Information