IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

i am thinkin i am gonna give dc a 2nd try

I have had a routine that has been working for me for about a year and a half. I think i have exausted my gains from that routine. when i was 190 pounds, i was able to work each musle 1 time every 7 days. now that i am 215, it is more like 1 muscle every 10-11 days. I just got done reading the dc manual for about the 100th time and am feeling really motivated to do it.

I did a dc workout 1 time. i did my bench press. then when i did the mil press, my strength was off a little, so i decided to scrap it. any one have any comments on this?

i am gonna do my last volume workout on thurs. and then starting next week, dc will be my new routine. i am ready to experience the gains i keep hearing about. i want to be a 260 lb monster ****it.

for shoulders-2 ex will be b.b mil and d.b. mil, what about a 3rd?
    Last edited by IronReload04; 10-12-2004 at 09:33 PM.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    I have had a routine that has been working for me for about a year and a half. I think i have exausted my gains from that routine. when i was 190 pounds, i was able to work each musle 1 time every 7 days. now that i am 215, it is more like 1 muscle every 10-11 days. I just got done reading the dc manual for about the 100th time and am feeling really motivated to do it.

I did a dc workout 1 time. i did my bench press. then when i did the mil press, my strength was off a little, so i decided to scrap it. any one have any comments on this?

i am gonna do my last volume workout on thurs. and then starting next week, dc will be my new routine. i am ready to experience the gains i keep hearing about. i want to be a 260 lb monster ****it.

for shoulders-2 ex will be b.b mil and d.b. mil, what about a 3rd?
    IR04, First off leave your ego at the door, you will drop quite a bit of weight to start here, RP worksets are not easy and they never will be, my weights went down on some exercises 40%, now I am the strongest of my life and I am 40.

If you want to be 260 then you must eat like a 310 lber, you need to eat your way to that next level.

Shoulders stick with compound pressing movements, Smythe Military, Smythe Behind the Necks, BB Military, Hammer Shoulder Press and any other shoulder press machine you have in the gym that you know you can torture and destroy for some time to come, RP with DBs is not easy unless you have a good training partner, so stick with compound movements, much safer...

cool, so it is normal to have to lower wights being used and that you can still build muscle just as efficiantly with the lighter weights?

cool, so it is normal to have to lower wights being used and that you can still build muscle just as efficiantly with the lighter weights?
    Well no, the idea is you need to start with lighter weight due to the controlled negative on every rep and the RP worksets that need to be done, no fear, the weights will go up everytime you rotate back to that exercise and you will grow if you eat correctly and a lot.

Remember this program will not only make you huge, but you will be stronger due to the progressive resistance on every exercise every time you come back to it, with enough intensity and protein, you will make the best gains in your life...

Quote Originally Posted by In-Human
    Well no, the idea is you need to start with lighter weight due to the controlled negative on every rep and the RP worksets that need to be done, no fear, the weights will go up everytime you rotate back to that exercise and you will grow if you eat correctly and a lot.

Remember this program will not only make you huge, but you will be stronger due to the progressive resistance on every exercise every time you come back to it, with enough intensity and protein, you will make the best gains in your life...
    sorry, i was not specific enough when i stated my question. when i said lower weights, i meant due to fatigue from the previous excersizes.

ex-benching will be fine. then mil press strength will suffer because of fatigue. can my shoulders still grow since they are using less weight because of the fatigue?

then mil press strength will suffer because of fatigue. can my shoulders still grow since they are using less weight because of the fatigue?
    Yes this is the idea here, to fatigue them 100%, thats why the exercises are in this order, recoup for the next four days, eat, sleep and progress with weights and they will grow, count on it...

thanks for the response. i am ****en pumped!!!

another thing....i really feel that for sshoulders that d.b. side raises have really helped me out, can i do those after a press or no?

also-when doing b.b rows, if i angle up and pull to my waste, could you consider that a back width excersize?
    Last edited by IronReload04; 10-14-2004 at 01:58 PM.

bump

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    i do, and i got from 35 pounds db to 55 pounds db for side lateral raise and it going up...

another thing....i really feel that for sshoulders that d.b. side raises have really helped me out, can i do those after a press or no?

also-when doing b.b rows, if i angle up and pull to my waste, could you consider that a back width excersize?
    Laterals are a good shoulder exercise, but the problem here is you will stagnate way to fast, you will never be able to do laterals with say 100 lb DB RP, it ain't gonna happen, that is why we go with heavy compound presses so you can go with these exercises for quite a while, hell some I have never topped out or stagnated yet in 11 months.

BB Bent Rows are Back Thickness, I would opt for BB and not DB, you do have a tendecy to use to much upper lat with DB, its just the way the exercise is performed...

Laterals are a good shoulder exercise, but the problem here is you will stagnate way to fast, you will never be able to do laterals with say 100 lb DB RP, it ain't gonna happen, that is why we go with heavy compound presses so you can go with these exercises for quite a while, hell some I have never topped out or stagnated yet in 11 months.

BB Bent Rows are Back Thickness, I would opt for BB and not DB, you do have a tendecy to use to much upper lat with DB, its just the way the exercise is performed...
    thanks for clearin that up.

can you help give me a good 3rd exercise for back thickness and a third for back width

so far i got

back thickness-deadlift, b.b row, ?-i would use d.b. row, but d.b's only go up to 100's and i am against machines

back width-wide grip pullups, lat pull downs, ?

back thickness-deadlift, b.b row, ?-i would use d.b. row, but d.b's only go up to 100's and i am against machines

back width-wide grip pullups, lat pull downs, ?

Back Thickness, Rack Deads, T-Bar Rows and Smythe Bent Rows.

Back Width, Rack Chins front and back, Assisted Chins, and Chins.

Really don't understand why you would be against machines, you must use everything available in the gym to find what works best for you, trust me on this, doing RP worksets alone, machines will be your freind of safety...

not sure what tbar rows are?

by the way, thanx for all the help in human
    Last edited by IronReload04; 10-17-2004 at 12:58 AM.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    You are standing on the equipment and you are laying down on a pad up against your chest hunched over. The handles are right below you.

http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase...xercises&ID=50

not sure what tbar rows are?
    Place a bar in the corner or up against the wall, if up against the wall place a DB on the collar of the bar against the wall, grap the V handle from the cable station, use 25s on the other collar, place the V handle just behind the collar where the 25s are, bend your knees, look foreward, back straight, grab that V handle and row that weight to your stomach, I use 25s to get more range of movement and sometimes I will stand on one of those cardio steps so I can reach even farther to the ground, more of a stretch...

one last question, should i do rest pauses or straight sets for the first week or 2?

one last question, should i do rest pauses or straight sets for the first week or 2?
    Always go with straight sets when starting this program, just to find out your recovery and get you used to the exercises...

Thumbs up

Always go with straight sets when starting this program, just to find out your recovery and get you used to the exercises...
    alright i am ready, thanks alot

Ok, i did my first upperbody workout last tuesday, and did my second upperbody workout last saturday. I definately performed very well, i had more than enough recovery time. the only thing is, i think i will not do rest pauses or statics for bicepts, my bis recovered fine, but they made it by the skin of their teeth, ev erything else recoverd great. just straight sets for bis for recover reasons, since they are worked out during back which is only a short time away. next week i will start the second time through, and i will start doing resp pause sets now that i am confident that i have the recovery ability to do so.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing the DC training since June and it has worked great for me. Some things you can't do RP though. I do a lot of my rows in straight sets and my squats and what not also are done with straight sets. If I were to rest pause on these I would need someone to pick me up off of the floor when I was done.

No RP, Quads, Back Thickness, Forearms, Calves or Sumo Presses for Hams...

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm... Sumo Presses... never tried those. I do ham press, lying leg curl, and standing leg curl. Might have to look into those Sumo's.

Thread Information