$uperman is offline Member

Cool 220 trying to get ripped....

Hey fellas , first of all im a new memeber and from some of the posted questions and answers ive been reading i like to say i think this is a great forum....
    Now to the question , Ive been busting my tail in the gym for the last three months. I went from 202 to 220 naturally in those three months. Now that ive put on the mass i want to cut it up really good. Ive been doing about 4 sets of 8-10 , and i try to get some cardio in as much as possible .
    Thanx
    Steve-o

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    e-mail me: [email protected] and we'll talk.

BigWill is offline Junior Member
    Keep building the muscle. Muscle burns fat for fuel. Drop the weight very slowly or you will loose all your hard earned muscle, and fat burning ability. I would concentrate on building a good base for about 2 yrs and then worry about cutting.
    Good luck.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    This topic is discussed many times on this board ... there is plenty of great advice for several others on this forum....
    But you must drop calories, drop intake of all carbs to a minimum and raise protein. Cardio in the morning 30-40 minutes 6 days a week and weights 4 days afternoon / evening.. if possible I would also ad a bit of cardio at night 1 hour after last meal which should just be a protein drink around 8 or 9 pm.( at least on off training days ).... Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 220 trying to get ripped....-mg-bobparis2.jpg  

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Good post MM. BTW awsome pic of Bob Paris...one of the most symetrical BBer's to grace the stage.
    Pete

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with MM but don't under any circumstances drop you carbs below 50 grams per day. Figure your calories by how active you will be over the next 3-4 hours. You have to plan your intake for your need. Any more than that....is FAT. Also don't forget post workout micro-nutrients. You'll need 50 grams with your creatine within 30 minutes of finishing your training (though not cardio). Less than that and you risk more cortisol production and that is Aanti-catabolic.

$uperman is offline Member
    Thanx fellas , i really appriecate the info and advice. Ill take all this in to considaration and push myself. When i see some noticeable improvements ill be posting pics to show my changes

Steve-o

Thread Information