jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member

is this really true?

If you take off for two weeks and don't lift you lose some strenght?? my wrist is still hurting from when i hurt it at work. so i figure give it some more rest... i have read you lose strenght?

radar1234 is offline Member
    it depends on where you were at when you stopped.if you have a good base already you shouldnt notice much.
    when i take a couple weeks of i tend to notice my muscular endurance goes down a bit but my power stays the same.
    sometimes a couple weeks off is good for you.you ll feel more refreshed and energized when you hit the gym.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the last 2 weeks i took off, i came back and could do more, bc i was well rested, my endurance wasnt as hi, but i had the motivaton to get back into the gym, when before i was a little tired. it helps to build that fire back..

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsz28
    If you take off for two weeks and don't lift you lose some strenght?? my wrist is still hurting from when i hurt it at work. so i figure give it some more rest... i have read you lose strenght?

Total bull****.. i can say that with absolute certainty in some cases you may even get stronger.. just don't over do it.

spkmania is offline Associate Member
    i just took two weeks off and i went back yesterday and i am at the same level as when i was two weeks ago. a broken hand didn't help though, i had to cut the workout early.

jeffsz28 is offline Associate Member
    alright cool guys thanks for the input... will give my wrist some extra time to rest even though i lift heavy things all day at work, but oh well have to make money

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Now when it comes to cardio thats true. Not so much with weights if you take off a month or something Ill tell you right now that you wont be as strong atleast I wasnt. I took of 2 months b/c I was working at a club,gettin home at 4-5,6,7,8,9 in the morning, drinking all the time and not giving a ****.. BIG MISTAKE....

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    There is a point in time, where Detraining will occur. It will vary greatly. But the time you take off now to let your wrist heal, will be considerably less if you keep lifting and do substantial damage.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Provided everything else is in check, I see no problem in taking two weeks off. Like my bro's said it could be a good thing.

Jay Man is offline Associate Member
    Muscle memory! If you have been training regularly and you take 2 weeks off you should be able to pick up where you left off. Endurance will be down but your muscle memory kicks in right away.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i think u should be aight, sometimes is best to take a couple of weeks off. i have done that 2 times this year and it worked out for the best..

Thread Information