Thread: Cardio

Hardball1783 is offline Associate Member

Cardio

Is it ok to do cardio twice a day and why should u not lift weights after u do cardio. Would this be ok to do cardio at 7am and then lift at 9am or 10am and then do cardio again later in the evening.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i dont see a reason to do cardio twice a day unless you are getting ready for a show....
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I am cutting, trying to lose fat.

Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

+

If possible do your cardio in the mornings at a intense level. You might want to avoid multiple sessions because you want to maitain your muscle mass. If your main goal is to lose a lot of fat, do cardio twice a day.

When i would do cardio twice a day should i still lift weights yes or no.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    If you're lookin to lose a lot of fat, then do cardio twice a day...but be careful and make sure you are upping your protein intake because you are now at risk of muscle loss.
    As for lifting weights, it is not good to lift right after cardio because your body is already fatigued from cardio, therefore you can't lift intensely...
    If you want to burn fat at a decent rate but maintain or even gain a little muscle mass, then I would stick with just morning cardio on an empty stomach...This will turn up your metabolism very quick and you will have the rest of the day to burn fat better..
    Cardio in the morning and then an intense workout (at least 2 hours after cardio) will be enough to burn a good amount of fat...twice a day cardio might be overdoing it...depending on what your goal is

Thread Information