DJFactor is offline New Member

Going Lighter for 2 Weeks, Possibly...

I have been training heavy for months now, and getting kind of bored of it. I am only adding 1-2 reps on my last set every couple weeks or so, then moving up maybe 5 lbs on the exercises. Thinking about taking a bit of weight off for about 2 weeks and doing more reps. You guys think this will add a bit more strength or endurance going a few lbs lighter on all exercises and doing more reps for a couple weeks?

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    its good to give your body a break every so often and i usually come back feeling totally refreshed and ready for a new growth phase.

Well, I'm not necessarily taking a break, just not killing my muscles with lower reps/high weight. More like taking some weight off, doing more reps. Thats all. Just trying to tighten the muscles and build some endurance, then going for mass again in a few weeks. Good plan??

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    if you are getting bored its usually a sign of overtrainning.IMO i would take a clean break for 1 week and then come back at it refreshed.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I think that is a great idea, do it for one month instead of 2 wks.

"You're my boy, Blue!" --Old School

thanks man, i'll try it for 4 weeks instead of 2. i have been doing it for 2 days now, and i am actually more sore than i usually am after going heavy with less reps. i'll keep at it!

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Take more time between workouts to recover you are likely overtraining.
    Going light will tire you further.. and you won't grow.. if anything you'll shrink.

Thread Information