AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member

Talking Any tips for new Personal Trainer?

hey bros im going to get into personal training and im starting on monday..if theres any pts on this board do you have nay advice for a rookie to the game of personal training and are the rewards worth it? well bros thanks for your time peace

Pork Chop is offline Member
    find someone with an uderstanding of biomechanics.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    It can be extremely frustrating and unbelievable rewarding. My number one tip is to realize that some people you train have never seen a weight. Therefore, one exercise, one set per bodypart may be sufficient for the beginner.
    Good Luck

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Be patient realizing not everyone is going to learn quickly. Be a good listener stick with basic fundamentals & do not push them too far. Do not try to teach them everything in one workout and give constructive critizism (sparingly)when appropriate and praise all the time.

decadbal is offline Banned
    just be patient, you will see how many ppl will argue with you, bout something they read in some stupid book, mag or heard... so be patient, know that they wanna lose wt, bu are prolly scared to fail.. and always push, i push everyone i train, set the limit for them, dont let them set it... pay attention, to many times i see PTs ppl get thru gyms who dont even watch their form, dont be one of those losers

Guys thank you much for all the great info youve given me..I believe i have a solid fundamental knowledge on Diet, Training, biomechanics, etc. to do well as i am a Kinesiology major and am currently taking BIOMECHANICS as a class this semester! My philosophy is the more knowledge the better off you are obviously, i was also thinking of going to the library and getting books on MOTIVATION. IM EXCITED most people ask me a lot on drugs mainly, but most like the diets i make for them, and this forum has a lot to offer as well. I think being bilingual will help me out as well i look forward to becoming the best PT i can and build up clientel along with a good REPutation. thanks agian to all

NickV344 is offline Junior Member
    i was a trainer for a few months at ballys just to make some extra money on the side. if its an older person or fat out of shape person who has no knowledge about fitness, do what i did and tell them a whole bunch of lies about anything about fitness and workouts because they have no clue and you will get more money out of them. Trust me.

rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOAK14
    Guys thank you much for all the great info youve given me..I believe i have a solid fundamental knowledge on Diet, Training, biomechanics, etc. to do well as i am a Kinesiology major and am currently taking BIOMECHANICS as a class this semester! My philosophy is the more knowledge the better off you are obviously, i was also thinking of going to the library and getting books on MOTIVATION. IM EXCITED most people ask me a lot on drugs mainly, but most like the diets i make for them, and this forum has a lot to offer as well. I think being bilingual will help me out as well i look forward to becoming the best PT i can and build up clientel along with a good REPutation. thanks agian to all
    what school you going to bro? (just extremely curious because I want to become a trainer but have not yet picked a college to go to)

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickV344
    i was a trainer for a few months at ballys just to make some extra money on the side. if its an older person or fat out of shape person who has no knowledge about fitness, do what i did and tell them a whole bunch of lies about anything about fitness and workouts because they have no clue and you will get more money out of them. Trust me.
    WTF? Obviously you suck at being a personal trainer . This IS a flame bro. Do you realize you could hurt people seriously by your ignorance? Giving false advice for the sake of $$ is sick. Hell, when asked I help and do it for free as PT is not my full-time job as of yet. (I have another buisness but plan on selling in near future). I hope you were being sarcastic and if so I will apologize for flameing you but the tone of your thread indicates otherwise.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    WTF? Obviously you suck at being a personal trainer . This IS a flame bro. Do you realize you could hurt people seriously by your ignorance? Giving false advice for the sake of $$ is sick. Hell, when asked I help and do it for free as PT is not my full-time job as of yet. (I have another buisness but plan on selling in near future). I hope you were being sarcastic and if so I will apologize for flameing you but the tone of your thread indicates otherwise.

I second that!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rev911apollyon
    what school you going to bro? (just extremely curious because I want to become a trainer but have not yet picked a college to go to)
    Purdue is starting a 4-year academic program for personal training is the spring of 2005. In the program, students will learn how to be educators of movement, how to communicate, how to work with the outside allied health industry and learn about behavioral change. Students will also learn the ins and outs of fitness management and business and have hands-on experience with eight different, six-week rotations in cardiac rehab, physical therapy, athletic training, senior fitness, commercial health clubs, children?s fitness, corporate fitness and the non-profit sector.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there bro. It is going to honestly suck balls at first finding clients and such but once you start to get a strong rep for being a dedicated trainer then business will pick up for you.

Remember you are only with them for maybe a few hours a day in the gym. You have to motivate them to do their best when you arn't around them.

If you're like me then you won't really mind that you won't have much money at first as long as you are helping someone transform their body into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot
    Hang in there bro. It is going to honestly suck balls at first finding clients and such but once you start to get a strong rep for being a dedicated trainer then business will pick up for you.

Remember you are only with them for maybe a few hours a day in the gym. You have to motivate them to do their best when you arn't around them.

If you're like me then you won't really mind that you won't have much money at first as long as you are helping someone transform their body into something else.
    i agree with you bro and your right i know it will be hard at first but once i get the hang of it and my knowledge expands i think it will be a great job

Thread Information