BigJames is offline Senior Member

Ouch! My elbow is killing me!

I have some tendinitis starting in my left elbow. It started when I tried seated cambered bar tricep extensions...I was not even going heavy! I had been doing seated dumbbell extensions every workout for weeks and I was pyramiding up to repping 120lbs for 10 for my last set! The first time I try it with a cambered bar it was like a knife going into my elbow! Must have been a physiology thing and it probably doesn't help that I had never tried them before! This is killing me! I can hardly train Tris! I am limited to light cable movements and kickbacks. Any advice on how to help this heal? I am planning a cycle with some Equipoise in a few weeks and someone told me it is good for joints, will that help? Someone help me...I am dying man.

bigjohnr is offline Associate Member
    take an anti inflamitory and train around it. if it hurts don't do it.
    Good luck

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    yup take an anti inflamitory if u dont want perscription i had a bad shoulder problem and i took 2 aleve a day and took it easy for a while and im good now if u want perscription go with celebrex... also i have a lil elbow problems to same as urs my left i went to my local acadamy and got an elbow brace that i wear on tris and chest days it has helped a bunch and maybe on those days after ur workout go home and ice it for 15-20mins...try this out go get an elbow brace (make sure its furm on ur arm) take 2 aleve a day (every 12hrs or so) and after u workout come home and ice it down that should help out alot im in that process right now and its healping more than i thought and i wouldnt get on another cycle till ur **** is better so u dont waist good juice....good luck bro hope it works for u

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the same thing except golfers elbow(tendintis) which is opposite side of tennis elbow on /near the boney part. Anti-inflamatories will help but only lifting lighter, changing exercises too minmize pain and total time off (rest) will help. Also take some EFA's like flax/fish to help joints as tendons typically get less blood flow, therfore recovery can be slow.

Thanks guys, I will try your solutions. For the arm brace I may have trouble. I cannot seem to find an arm brace that fits me. I am not boasting or anything, but seriously, it is hard to find an arm brace to fit 19" guns baby.

go to acadamy and get the largest arm sleeve that will fit i had a lil prob with that but im no where near 19s lol im at 16.5s or 17s and i found that the large fit me i got the nike one its bout 12bucs try a x large or xx large that should help but find one cuz that really helped me out big time and the ice!!! critical to ice it after workouts and if u want i would through some heat on it for round 10-15mins before u go to the gym good luck bro and take it easy while on the anti enflamitories and ull be good to go

What is acadamy?

djboots is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    Thanks guys, I will try your solutions. For the arm brace I may have trouble. I cannot seem to find an arm brace that fits me. I am not boasting or anything, but seriously, it is hard to find an arm brace to fit 19" guns baby.
    ok listen i had the same thing happen to me you have "tennis elbow" first thing see a doc and ask for celebrex (an anti inflamtory). now about the brace. this condition is caused by the muscles at the top of your forearm that conect to you tendons in your elbow, so you do not need a full elbow brace just one brace that goes over you top fore arm. when you go to look for a brace look for a brace for tennis elbow and do a serch on the net to learn more about it. my problem was gone in a week when treated properley

Thanks man...the pain in my elbow is right at the end of my elbow bone...is that tennis elbow? I thought for my case it was the tendons from my tricep to my forearm? I will try what you are suggesting though. The pain radiates out from the tip of my elbow and then towards my inner arm, if that makes sense. I will see a doc ASAP.

acadamy is a sports ware store like oshmans well i dont no where u live but thats what are sports stores are called round here just go to a fitness or sports store and theyll have all that stuff u need be sure when u get the elbow sleeve that its kinda firm so itll keep ur elbow worm and keep it supported....if u must before putting it on u can put some icey hot on ur elbow then put sleeve on but thats it sleeve by self dont help which it should...

acadamy is a sports ware store like oshmans well i dont no where u live but thats what are sports stores are called round here just go to a fitness or sports store and theyll have all that stuff u need be sure when u get the elbow sleeve that its kinda firm so itll keep ur elbow worm and keep it supported....if u must before putting it on u can put some icey hot on ur elbow then put sleeve on but thats it sleeve by self dont help which it should...

Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    What is acadamy?
    its a sports store i dont no where u live but down here in texas thats what they are called just like oshmans and stuff just go to a fitness or sports store and ull find what u need there...and make sure the sleeve is firm so itll support ur elbow and keep it worm it should help but if u have to through some icy hot on ur elbow first..good luck bro

oops sorry bout all those...

no worries...I am in Canada...I will have to see what I can find. Thanks to all for your help with this... Injuries suck!

Thread Information