Terinox is offline The One & Only

Is it my Abs or just fat ???

When I flex my abs, real hard in the stomach, I see something, very little, of what looks like the ab outline. However, at the same time, I think it's just fat lines, across my stomach. I know I guess i'm real stupid I can't figure it out, but how can I tell, and is it even possible to have the abs showing in your stomach, even if you have quite a bit of fat in that area??? I do abs real hard, been working them a long time.

Thnx
    Terinox

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If it is hard then yep its your abbs..

Well it's kinda hard when i poke them, but my finger goes in about 1cm, before hitting the abs. Is that a lot of fat i have to get rid of before the abs really start to show? In the lower part of my stomach, my finger goes in about 2cm, which obviously means more fat.

Terinox

netwerk is offline New Member
    Sounds like the it's both abs and fat. Burn the fat and i'm sure it'll definately be abs!

hehe, k thnx guys....don't reel much better now!!! LOL but will work harder on the cardio!

Terinox

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Try doing some cable crunches.....

I already do cable crunches

I do abs on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

I do normal situps (3 sets @ 25-30)
    I do cable crunches (4 sets @ 30-40)
    I do knee extensions (sitting on bench, bringing your knees in) do that about (4 sets @ 12-15)

Also, sometimes, using the machine, i do side pulls, standing up, holding the cable at the ground, and bending to the side, i think this works your side of abs ???

Anywho, i know i have the abs, it's just under the fat, was wondering when it'll start poking their heads out!!! I don't want to look like "THE COLMAN TURTLE SHELL" i want to have a flat stomach !! LOL

My friend who weighs about 165 or so, and has a gut, says his upper abs are showing, but i find that impossible, be barely ever works out!!!

Terinox

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Terinox,
    Your abbs are there, just hidden. I have a friend who is a powerlifter who has a considerable gut and he claims his stomach is rock hard. Just keep pounding away at the cardio and they will come. With a good diet of course. The problem is that there is no such thing as "spot" reduction so you will lose fat evenly over your entire body. Keep up the hard work and it will pay off.
    IC

lethalppl is offline Associate Member
    does some people noticed that they lose fat at slower rate in certain areas compared to others. Like my arms and chest lean out way before my love handles. That last one to go. is it me or everyone. I mean i know there no spot reduction but seems like it to me since rest body loses it at much higher rate. just my 2 cents.

Thread Information