Aggression is offline Member

Do we really NEED to do forearm work?

Does anyone directly work their forearms (wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, etc.) or are they uneccesary considering your forearms and wrists get plenty of work from your other lifts?

In case it matters I am training to get back into shape so I can back into amateur boxing.
    Last edited by Aggression; 10-29-2004 at 04:45 PM.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, I do. Reverse bb curls,hammers both with db & cable & wrist curls. Personally I like the pump it gives me. Since your going back to boxing build your tri's as that is the muscle that extends the arm.

mitch911 is offline Member
    yes i do, do behind the back barbell curls, hammer curls, and reverse barbell curls. push them to the max and make sure that it hurts to clench the bar in the your hands. Dont stop curling until you are unable to curl the bar an inch. Gets a huge pump in your forearms and they feel like there gunna explode! try it

ScooterBoy is offline Junior Member
    I super set my wrist curls with hammer curls.
    I usually do it like this
    wrist curls 3x15-20
    hammer curls 3x8-12
    Rev wrist curls 3x15-20

Aggression is offline Member
    I don't think you can find two better exercises for the top of the forearm than seated incline hammer curls and reverse ez bar preacher curls.

imann is offline Member
    I think that I'm naturally blessed with big forearms........I have never directly worked them. I do a lot of hammers on bi day and I only use straps on shrugs and deads over 405.....so I think that helps grip strength/builds forearms......my dad has popeye forearms......so maybe I just got lucky.....

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    I don't think you can find two better exercises for the top of the forearm than seated incline hammer curls and reverse ez bar preacher curls.

i agree this is all i do and i actually get alot of compls. on my forearms, some ppl kill them but i get good growth from just doing these two

Thread Information