Pump2004 is offline Junior Member

Power Squat Machine.

I am looking to do the bulk of leg work on this machine because my injured shoulder doesn't allow me to hold the bar without significant pain. What is everyones thoughts on this compared to a conventional squat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power Squat Machine.-streamline.jpg  

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Looks fine~
    Can you do leg presses, front squats, lunges, hack squats, smith machine squats, step-ups, extensions, curls, stiffs. Does the bar hurt your shoulder, or is the movement of reaching back to hold the bar that hurts your shoulder. Many of the above exercises do not require you to hold a bar, or use dumbbells as a sub (i.e. lunges).

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    you can do reg squats and hack squats on it. They have one at my gym and I use it all the time cause I have a real problem spreading my arms back to hold onto the bar. I like it but you have to concentrate on keeping ur back straight with it.

The turning of the shoulder to hold the bar is the problem. I use a leg press and a hack squat machine. Any movement that requires holding a bar, even a smith machine squat, is very hard. Any pressing movement such as delt presses or bench presses can only be done with very moderate weights.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    ya then this is def the machine for you.... You dont even need to hold onto anything with ur hands... it all rests on ur shoulders and u can go real deep too and not worry about getting crunched by the weight or ur legs giveing out.

Thanks for the info. I have always done regular squats for leg size, hope this gives the same results.

Thread Information