Pump2004 is offline Junior Member

Power squat machine.

With barbell squats giving me significant pain due to a rotator cuff injury, is this squat machine a good alternative to the conventional squat?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Power squat machine.-streamline.jpg  

BIGp4 is offline Associate Member
    i use it at my gym and it works pretty good for me
    but it might cause pain to your rotator cuff

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    It can be a good alternative. Try it out with light weight see if it causes any discomfort in your shoulder. I think it should be ok because you will be avoiding extreme external rotation at the shoulder joint. The barbell squat can also be done on a safety bar (Dr. Fred Hatfield recommmends). Here you will also avoid the extreme external rotation of the shoulder.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I would try belt squats combined with lower weight barbell

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    i just had surgery on my shoulder so i cant do regular squats either, however i use the smith machine and just use one hand you obviously wont be abel to use too much weight but it will help you maintain. i tried using a machine similar to that but it felt too awkard and i wasnt comfortable with all that weight pressing right down on my sholder.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i dont like that machine all that much... what a bout a hack squat, i think that would be better if you can handle it, but then again if the machine works for you and its all you can do, i think it would be an alternative until you heal up

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    That machine is pretty good although it is too easy in a sense. It's very easy to stack it out at like 10 plates per side. So usually cant add enough weight to it to feel it as much as regular bar squats. If the machine you are using can hold the weight you feel good doing then I say go for it.

-Bino

Thread Information