Thread: chest n tris??

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

chest n tris??

Guys just wondering... I do chest on wed's and arms on friday... I like to do close grip bench for triceps... is this too close to my chest workout.. now the way my routine actually works I only end up doing it this close one week a month! thanx

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    IMO no, I go chest monday, arms thursday with close bench for two heavy sets

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Noone can tell if it's too close but yourself. If you feel weak when you do tris, then you probably need to rest another day. I personally either do chest/tris the same day or I do chest day 1 and tris 3 days later.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    k thanx

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    If you position the bar lower, near your abdomen while doing close grips, it doesn't use much of the chest.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i agree, if u do them right it doesnt use the chest that much, so u should be alright...but i do chest/tris!

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Actually guys any time you do any pushing motion you are using you chest.IMO I wouldnt work chest and tris but thats me.. I do chest monday and arms on thrusday.. That way you arent over training your arms.. figure this. If your doing 4 sets of flat bench 3 of incline and 3 or decline or dips that already 10 sets using tris then you do another 2 or 3 of close grips presses, 2 or 3 of skull crushers, 2 or 3 of dips, and2 or 3 of push downs thats any where between 18 and 22 sets of tris. Just my .02

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya thats true, but every since i did chest/tris my arms and chest are growing like weeds. but everyone is different, so u just have to find what works best for u....

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i do the same chest and tris the same day i figure that working them both in the same day will benifit u...everyone on this board says to workout one muscle a week well there ya go when u work them both in the same day u kill ur tris and give them a full week to recover but as always said and IMO everyone is different u have to find what works best for u and not always what works best for others...good luck bro

Thread Information