justin2305 is offline Senior Member

Post alright lets get some opinions!!!!!

aight i have heard numerious things bout how u should space each mucsle and how u should space each workout bla bla bla...aight well lets hear what everyone has to say heres the ?s(any other ?s u would like to add feel free)
    (1)How many times should u workout a week?
    (2)How often should u workout each mucsle?
    (4)What mucsles should be worked together?
    (5)How many days a week do u need to rest?
    (6)Which mucsles can be workedout more than others?
    thats bout it if u have any other suggestions please add them on....thanks a bunch guys

mitch428cj is offline Member
    (1). 3-4 times a week max unless your juicing , muscles dont grow when they are working (2). i usually do 3-4 excersises for each muscle group (3). Well you skipped 3 (4). i usually work chest/tri/shoulders/quad --- back/bicep/traps/hamstrings --- abs/calves/forearms --- and 4th i usually do full body (5). take number -(1)- and subtract it from 7 (6). hmmmmm maybe if you got a problem area work on it alittle more

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    (1)5 day rotation, 5-6 while juicing
    (2)do each muscle once a week. if you work them hard enough you dont need to do them alot
    (4)any muscles that dont interfere with each other. if doing triceps is going to effect my bench press u dont work them together. and the way i plan it out for the weeek would be to not do triceps the day before chest because they will still be a bit sore and effect my chest lifts.
    (5)id say 2 days of rest. remember if your getting sleep at night 7-8 hours your getting alot of rest.. but 2 full days off
    (6)i dont think it really matters how much you work a muscle out.. meaning its not worse to work your chest more then your biceps. alot of people work the muscles they would like to be more developed or lacking of.

thanks guys hope some more ppl read this..... keep em coming

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I still up in the air on this one. Im trying to see which one works best for me.

Same muscles once a week or twice a week. I like the idea of twice a week but if my muscles are not done repairing, then the workout is hurting, not helping.

I think my arms and shoulders I could do twice a week. The bigger muscles once a week.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    aight i have heard numerious things bout how u should space each mucsle and how u should space each workout bla bla bla...aight well lets hear what everyone has to say heres the ?s(any other ?s u would like to add feel free)
    (1)How many times should u workout a week?
    (2)How often should u workout each mucsle?
    (4)What mucsles should be worked together?
    (5)How many days a week do u need to rest?
    (6)Which mucsles can be workedout more than others?
    thats bout it if u have any other suggestions please add them on....thanks a bunch guys
    The answer to all of these will vary depending on preference. Personally, i work out 4-5 times a week.
    I workout each muscle only once a week (i used to do biceps three times a week but i realize thats just ridiculous)
    I dont work any muscles together except tris and bis sometimes. Many say chest/tris goes together, and back/bis. Ive also read that chest/back goes well since one is push and the other is pull.
    The more rest the better because the more you rest the MORE YOU GROW (providing nutrition is in check)
    Ive heard shoulders can be worked out twice a week. Ive never tried it but id like to see what others say about this

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    1) 4-5 days a week
    2) once a week
    3) What happened to 3?
    4) I typically only workout one muscle group at a time
    5) Like someone said, subtract 1) from 7.
    6) I personally think abs and calves.

My workout split is like this:

1) legs
    2) chest
    3) rest
    4) back
    5) rest
    6) shoulders
    7) biceps/triceps
    8) (optional rest)

ive been in a bind on which to do and i hear so many different things from people so im not to sure as of right now i workout each mucsle every five days i dont feel that 7days is needed matter of fact 5 feels to much but i no its not so if any others have some imput on this one let us all no thanks a bunch....

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    If you are working out each muscle group every 5 days and are growing well, then run with it. What the bros are telling you is that most people will grow more if they work out REALLY hard on a body part and then give it 6 days to recover. The reasons to work out more frequently would be if you can't get the intensity to really tear it down....but that is the key to getting huge!

I have the opportunity to work out with various pros from time to time.....I can tell you that they do the same. Hit it really hard once a week per body part....with very few exceptions. If your goal is to get big, talk to several of the really huge bros and I think you will see what you are hearing here is how to get there.

If you are just trying to get really fit and have great endurance, then working out less intensity more times a week might make sense.....but you will not grow that way, just get more fit and tone.
    thanks bro... i do workout very intence i can barley walk out the gym when im done i just dont get it though cuz after being as intence as i am in the gym im not sore after bout 3days after those 3days i feel good as new..i am trying to get alot of size im currently 5 9 180lbs 8%bf im in prety good shape but i want to get bigger i want to reach bout 200-205lbs 8%bf and its hard for me to cuz of how fast my matabolism is i eat like a horse and dont get bigger well a lil bit bigger so what do u think i should do as far as working out???thanks a bunch bro

Thread Information