rev911apollyon is offline Junior Member

Question To decline, or not to decline

Do any of you guys decline bench?? Because I dont and I was wondering if I should, what the benefits are from doing it. Yeah so that'd be sweet if some bros could post up their chest routine for me, thanks much.

Big Slick is offline Associate Member
    It targets a diiferent part of your chest. You should incorperate some form of decline into your routine.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    i do decline, but maybe 1 time every 2-3 weeks just to surprise my muscle. i really dont you need to. usually flat bench and incline do enough, but it does target a different spot

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    u should do some type of decline to hit that area of ur chest i do alot on flat and inline but then ill finish up with a few sets not to heavy but a lil somthin somthin to hit that area of my chest for example u could do decline dumbells or u can do lower cable cross overs but IMO if u want a big chest work on ur flat and incline the hardest but u should do some type of exersice for ur lower chest NOTE:u wanna look perporsional to the rest of ur body meaning ur chest needs to not lack either lower upper middle etc,

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    I like to do flat bench, incline bench and decline bench to get my entire chest. I think this way gets your entire chest. And if you throw in some flye's your chest should be torched if you train hard.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I've read the decline benches hit more of the chest than any other type. I either do incline flies/decline bench or the opposite. I prefer the decline bench over the others.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    ya i agree with nsa, do flat, incline, decline and flies and ur chest will be hurting for days!!

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    pain does not equal growth.

my advice would be that stick to incline and flat BB presses as the bread and butter chest mass builder. every couple of weeks do incline and flat DB presses instead purely for the stabilisers.

most people have a well devloped lower chest anyway. its upper chest mass that makes a chest look really big.

Thread Information