Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Workout critique please

After seeing no gains for a couple of month now ive been taking a couple of weeks off (well I done once a week for 3 weeks). Im now ready to return to action so heres my plan:

day 1 : chest / tri
    day 2 : legs / calf
    day 3 : off
    day 4 : back / biceps / abs / forarms
    day 5 : shoulders / traps

I was thinking of taking two days off after day 1 and 4, and one day off after the rest.

What to you all think?

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    After seeing no gains for a couple of month now ive been taking a couple of weeks off (well I done once a week for 3 weeks). Im now ready to return to action so heres my plan:

day 1 : chest / tri
    day 2 : legs / calf
    day 3 : off
    day 4 : back / biceps / abs / forarms
    day 5 : shoulders / traps

I was thinking of taking two days off after day 1 and 4, and one day off after the rest.

What to you all think?
    Your split might not be your problem...What are the exercises you're doing?

At first I was just sticking to the cable machines, but as I learned more about weightlifting I started to do different things. Im not really sure what most are called but I got a load of ideas off bodybuilding.com so im gonna swap over every few weeks to stop my muscles getting used to what im doing

At first I was just sticking to the cable machines, but as I learned more about weightlifting I started to do different things. Im not really sure what most are called but I got a load of ideas off bodybuilding.com so im gonna swap over every few weeks to stop my muscles getting used to what im doing

Iowa is offline Banned
    Stick with the heavy free-weight compound movements.

Chest: barbell presses
    Back: deadlifts, barbell rows
    Shoulders: military barbell
    Legs: squats, leg presses
    Arms: barbell curls, close grip bench press, skull crushers

Make these ^^^the core of you workouts(do these first) and then add other excercises for the appropriate body part. id add some dumbell incline presses and flyes for chest. Pulldowns and cable rows for back. Dumbbell raises for shoulders. Leg extensions and stifflegged deadlifts for legs. Dumbell curls and pressdowns for arms

Thats the sort of exersizes I have been using as my basic workout structure, and after my research have added a couple more. But im gonna stick to the basics for now until I bulk up some more as im only 168lb @ 6 ft 1 inch. And il work on definition later

Iowa is offline Banned
    Thats the sort of exersizes I have been using as my basic workout structure, and after my research have added a couple more. But im gonna stick to the basics for now until I bulk up some more as im only 168lb @ 6 ft 1 inch. And il work on definition later
    Good idea. Also make sure your diet is in check. Its way more important than your workout. Good luck bro.

Thread Information