aspengc8 is offline Junior Member

Am I overtraining?

I've been training 1 bodypart per day for the last 4 weeks during my first cycle of sust. Monday through friday would be workout days, with the weekend off. Lately, I've been feeling great, and thinking that I dont need the whole weekend off. So I would rinse and repeat my schedule, almost non-stop. Looks like this-

All excercies are 5 sets, pyramid scheme (10-8-6-4-2)

Legs - squat, legs extension, leg curl, calf raise, leg press
    to burn out (3x10)
    Chest - flat barbell, incline barbell, decline barbell, incline
    flies
    Back - wide pull ups, bent over barbell rows, 1 arm
    dumbell rows, close grip cable row
    shoulder - behind the neck barbell press, side raises, front
    raises, rear delt machine, supersetted with
    dumbell shrungs
    arms - close grip bench, standing dumbell curl, skull
    crushers, standing cable straight bar curl, dips with
    plate strapped to me

Now at this point, say the next would be saturday. I usually take the weekend off, but I would start again with legs, and I feel fine so far. Weights are all increaseing.
    Am I going to eventually end up overtraining?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I would continue to take the weekends off. As far as overtraining that's hard to say at this point. Depends on many factors escpecially diet. If you are having some results I say stick with it but sooner or later you may need to incorporate less sets, higher poudages with only two exercises per bodypart. By this time your body will be conditioned to stress it a bit more.. Personally, I have been more volume workouts as my specific goals may be different from most as I do not wish to get too big as I am close to my genetic potential already. The bigger you get the more challenging it is to maintain it ie. keeping kcals high enough to support/combat cortizone issues.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aspengc8
    I've been training 1 bodypart per day for the last 4 weeks during my first cycle of sust.
    Now at this point, say the next would be saturday. I usually take the weekend off, but I would start again with legs, and I feel fine so far. Weights are all increaseing.
    Am I going to eventually end up overtraining?
    Take more of your set to failure. If you are sore, don't the group. Look at the scale.

If you are gaining weigh and are working on muscle groups that are not sore, you are not overtraining. Conversely, if you are losing weight and are working groups that are sore, you are overtraining.

It is that simple

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    I appreciate the posts guys. I will continue as planned, and train on feeling. If im not sore, I will train. I do take every set to failure, just not getting the soreness I was 4 weeks ago.

Thread Information