Knicks685 is offline New Member

Knee Wraps--Use them or don't?

Whenever i go heavy on squats and leg press, i find both my knees tend to crack. It's not a painful crack in the least bit just loud. I'm only 19 years old and i want to be careful so that 20 years down the line, i wont be needing a double knee replacement. What do you guys suggest? Should i invest in some knee wraps or is this just a benign thing? Thanks for any suggestions.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If they are cracking like that, I'd go see WHAT the issue is.

I just had DOUBLE patellar tendon RUPTURE repairs done 17 months ago, not fun.

Wrapping them does not solve the issue, no. Masks it and makes it worse.

~SC~

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Cracking & popping may indicate torn/tear in the miniscus(aka cartiledge) I have it still evan after surgery..I agree with Swole man see whats up early prevention is your best option here. Do not accept nothing less than a MRI vs. X-ray.

I totally agree with these guys. I got hit playing football a few weeks ago and my knee went one way and from there on down went the other. Good luck though man..Anything involving knees,(IMO) is something worth getting checked out,because you never really know how bad it is.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have been using a machine for squats due to worries about my knee (Jiu-Jitsu injury) and i will one day do regular squats.

Knicks685 is offline New Member
    Arite...Thanks for the heads up guys..The last thing i need is for my knees to suddenly give out one day. I just thought i heard somewhere that cracking is normal in some instances but ill def take your advice and get it checked out.

Thread Information