Thread: OWW... my lats

unclemoney is offline Senior Member

OWW... my lats

Worked out my lats this past saturday and today(monday) they are extremely sore and I can't even raise my hand above my head.... Why? Because num1 it hurts like crazy num2 even if I tried I couldn't..... any 1 else out here have this happen to them? And also what is up with this I mean I worked them out 2 days ago.... the day after I worked them out they were fine but today..... they are in extreme pain.

decadbal is offline Banned
    good job

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    what exactly did u do

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Hurting (sore)after 2 days?? Sounds to me you had a great workout.. DOMS=GOOD

Pork Chop is offline Member
    I always get pain the day after - never the very next day.

Eat lot's, you're growing now.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I wish I couldn't lift my arm up in the air after a lat workout.

What are you doing for your back workout if you don't mind me asking cause it sounds pretty intense.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    here's my back exercises that I do and I duno the name of one of them. Also I do real heavy sets.... 4 sets going from 8 to 6 to 4 to 3-2.

1.) lat pulldowns
    2.) a machine wereur arms start off in front of you and you pull it back to you
    3.) rows
    4.) deadlifts

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    you keep it simple. Nice. I do some of the same things but can't get soreness like that. I wish I could though.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    Hey uncle your number 2 is called a pull over machine, I love those things. its hard to do regular pullovers though.. If you wanna try something even harder do pull ups in place of pull downs.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    yes i have this feeling almost everytime i work back/lats, i love it cuase i know that i worked my ass off in the gym. its a good feeling, keep it up, atleast u know ur doing something right!!!

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    here's my back exercises that I do and I duno the name of one of them. Also I do real heavy sets.... 4 sets going from 8 to 6 to 4 to 3-2.

1.) lat pulldowns
    2.) a machine wereur arms start off in front of you and you pull it back to you
    3.) rows
    4.) deadlifts
    I think #2 is seated row? Do you have your chest resting against a pad or your back? If the arms are over your head and slightly behind your head at the starting point, and your back is against a pad, then that's a pullover machine.

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    Hurting (sore)after 2 days?? Sounds to me you had a great workout.. DOMS=GOOD
    a little off topic but i disagree. to me DOMS means i didnt spend enough time extreme stretching.

everybody's different...

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weightshead
    a little off topic but i disagree. to me DOMS means i didnt spend enough time extreme stretching.

everybody's different...
    It's good to disagree but I think your logic is misplaced. Let me explain, Stretching if its dynamic/ballistic type can in fact produce DOMS. But I am assumming you were refering to static stretching so tho it may be true that some stretching may help soreness it does little to nothing to help with DOMS. You are reducing actic lacid buildup by stretching which is ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS which happens post workout within 12hr range. This is much different from the DELAYED which actually denotes muscle fiber breakdown can occur post 24hrs+. So if you have not experienced DOMS then perhaps you did not have enough intensity, although just because you don't did not mean you had a innefective workout. Doing eccentric training principles ie. negatives can have a desired DOMS effect.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    a couple of months ago i began warming up my back work out with 3 sets of 10 wide grip chin ups

at first i would be light headed and out of breath, and could not finish the third set, now i can tear them up and go for 15 on the last set, then onward to deadlifts, pull downs, rows, etc.

my lats have really grown since then

start doing chin ups man

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Your routine looks like mine for back but I do a different order. Im sore as hell all the time and it feels great. M1T makes it all the more better too.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I am also like you, the next day i am ok, just a tad sore. But the next day my god watch out..i am sore for 2-3 extra days.

Loving it!

mitch911 is offline Member
    sorry for the newbie question but what does DOMS stand for ?

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    sorry for the newbie question but what does DOMS stand for ?
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

there is a great debate over whether DOMS is indicative of a successful workout or not

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    It's good to disagree but I think your logic is misplaced. Let me explain, Stretching if its dynamic/ballistic type can in fact produce DOMS. But I am assumming you were refering to static stretching so tho it may be true that some stretching may help soreness it does little to nothing to help with DOMS. You are reducing actic lacid buildup by stretching which is ONSET MUSCLE SORENESS which happens post workout within 12hr range. This is much different from the DELAYED which actually denotes muscle fiber breakdown can occur post 24hrs+. So if you have not experienced DOMS then perhaps you did not have enough intensity, although just because you don't did not mean you had a innefective workout. Doing eccentric training principles ie. negatives can have a desired DOMS effect.
    Amen, bro. Tell it like it is.

Thread Information