Hugh-Hefner's-Son is offline Associate Member

Cardio At Night Okay ?

While cutting I get my lifting done 6 days a week in the early mornings.
    Is it okay to do cardio about four-five times a week at night, say 8-10pm??

I know early mornings on an empty stomach is best, but will night sessions be degressing from cutting and keeping mass ??

SaTyR is offline Member
    You will only burn what you have been eating THAT day. In de morning your stomach is empty, since there is no food to burn your body will burn your reserve (fat) the only food still left in your body is that going to the ****hole.

+

so cardio at night would be buring the extra cals from that day, correct.
    Then I would assume there is no benift at all if I am on a cutting diet. I need my clas to fuel the muslces worked that day.

If I am eating clean then there is no sense in doing cardio because I need all the cals I consume.

Is there any alternatives ??

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    well think of it this way. If you burn of all the carbs and crap with evening cardio then the body will use fat as a fuel source during the night right?

Morning cardio is probably better then evening cardio but evening cardio for sure is a heck of a lot better then no cardio at all

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Cardio at night is fine, provided you are in the correct THR zones and your dietary approach is solid throughout the day. Free Fatty Acids can still contribute predominantly as a fuel source, whether it be morning or evening. This substrate utilization depends mainly on duration and intensity.

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    The precept currently in vogue is to do aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach, the theory being that you will more quickly use up stored carbohydrates and burn fat faster. I don't agree with this line of thinking. Without available carbs, the body is more vulnerable to catabolism. The body doesn’t burn your reserve (fat) stores first.The first source of fuel is to use up the stored carbohydrates. As long as carbs are present, there is little need to use fat. So you first have to burn the glycogen that is stored in your muscles. Then you get to burn fat. To be honest the best time to do cardio would be right after working out b/c the glycogen is already depleted from the muscles and the heart rate is already elevated and less activity will be required to achieve the desired effect. Now on the other side it doesn’t matter when you do cardio. Morning, noon or night doesn’t matter when. Your body doesn’t care about burning fat the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories then you consume. So that whole thing about “ you only burn the calories you ate that day” Well yeah no **** but as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Ok so when talking about losing weight we don’t wanna lose muscle. How do you avoid that?? Find out what you maintenance level of calories a day is and do a zig zag diet from there. So say your maintenance level is 3500 cal a day. You would do like 3 days at 3000 cal and then 1 day at 3500. That is the best way to trick your body into losing fat with out losing muscle.

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock191
    The precept currently in vogue is to do aerobics in the morning on an empty stomach, the theory being that you will more quickly use up stored carbohydrates and burn fat faster. I don't agree with this line of thinking. Without available carbs, the body is more vulnerable to catabolism. The body doesn’t burn your reserve (fat) stores first.The first source of fuel is to use up the stored carbohydrates. As long as carbs are present, there is little need to use fat. So you first have to burn the glycogen that is stored in your muscles. Then you get to burn fat. To be honest the best time to do cardio would be right after working out b/c the glycogen is already depleted from the muscles and the heart rate is already elevated and less activity will be required to achieve the desired effect. Now on the other side it doesn’t matter when you do cardio. Morning, noon or night doesn’t matter when. Your body doesn’t care about burning fat the only way to lose weight is to burn more calories then you consume. So that whole thing about “ you only burn the calories you ate that day” Well yeah no **** but as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Ok so when talking about losing weight we don’t wanna lose muscle. How do you avoid that?? Find out what you maintenance level of calories a day is and do a zig zag diet from there. So say your maintenance level is 3500 cal a day. You would do like 3 days at 3000 cal and then 1 day at 3500. That is the best way to trick your body into losing fat with out losing muscle.

At different HR's the body uses different sources of fuel! At lower intensities, the body uses a higher percentage of fat as fuel and the rest carbs. Well, if there's no carbs in your system ...

Cardio after Workout?????

Heres the thing about that though. Either way its all about burning more cals then you consume.. If you dont burn more than you consume you dont lose any weight plain and simple.. Doesnt matter if you run your ass off at 70 % of your hr vs walking at 10 % you dont burn more than you eat you dont lose.

+

Hmmm..It this is interesting to hear. All the other advise is always cadio in the morning and thats it. So you think I can burn stroed bodyfat by keeping cals low and cardio intense regardless of time ??

Pretty much.. Now dont go to low with your cals. Remember what I said about needing your maintenance level or cals a day. Make sure you eating that much worth or cals every day and then from there do your cardio to burn off 500 more.. You could also do the zig zag like I said have 3 days be below your maintenance and then one day equal to it.Now as for your intensity,all you need to be able to do is that whole talk test theory.. If you cant talk b/c your to out of breath. Slow it down a bit and then keep that pace for 30-45 min.. Like I said b4 it doesnt matter what time you do cardio. Ex you could do Cardio everyday of your life but if your eating more cal. then what you burn you will not lose a single lb...

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I used to do treadmill in the morining. Now, I just do it in the afternoon or night at least 3 hours after last meal. There's nothin good on TV at 5 or 6 am around here.

LaRoche is offline Junior Member
    I do my WO at 6am and my cardio at 5:30pm. The last meal I have before cardio is at 2:30 pm (Pro/fat). Isn't cardio on an empty stomach all that matters in order to burn fat - regardless of time of day? And is 3 hours enough time between my meal & cardio?

gq_neo is offline Junior Member
    Funny that this topic is here ... I also have a cardio question ...

I am wondering if it is ok to do my cardio and workout closer together ...

I usually finnish my workout at about 6pm and go home to eat or have a shake. What I want to know is, am I hurting anything by going back to do cario around 8pm ... I can't go in the a.m. but I do realise that is the ideal time to go.

I'm not bulking right now ... and am just looking to shed a % in body fat ... I'm already eating about 2000-2500 cal / day in 5-6 meals no white flour or sugar etc ... clean diet.

Thread Information