unclemoney is offline Senior Member

dc extreme stretching

I have never really streched but was recently informed that dc extreme stretching expands your muscle filica and helps with recovery and nutrient delivery..... Sounds interesting therefor I would like to try dc extreme stretching..... Any 1 what type of stretches do I do as I really have no clue were to start if you know what I mean...
    Last edited by unclemoney; 11-05-2004 at 08:25 PM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    do a search for dc... i dont think they work, seems like a good method to get hurt imo

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Take a Yoga or power yoga class. I have a friend that was in the Navy on land duty for year. Got all bulked up on creatine and protiene. I swear he was on some thing. Said he wasn't. Then he took Power Yoga when he got out. Brotha is cut now and flexible too. Hasn't lost any strength; only gained.
    Me, I was in wrestling during high school. I stretch every day the way I was taught by my coach. I can almost sit down doing the splits. It's a great way to warm up before hitting the weights, and great cool down after.
    Also good before and after cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Take a Yoga or power yoga class. I have a friend that was in the Navy on land duty for year. Got all bulked up on creatine and protiene. I swear he was on some thing. Said he wasn't. Then he took Power Yoga when he got out. Brotha is cut now and flexible too. Hasn't lost any strength; only gained.
    Me, I was in wrestling during high school. I stretch every day the way I was taught by my coach. I can almost sit down doing the splits. It's a great way to warm up before hitting the weights, and great cool down after.
    Also good before and after cardio.
    stretching before a workout isnt good idea, its been shown that thru stretching the muscles loose up to 15% of thier strength

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Care to sight your works? I want to read up on this research. I've always heard if you don't limber up your muscles before you do intense contractions, you risk tearing.
    If you blow up a balloon, you stretch the balloon first to get the balloon ready for expansion/tension. If you blow up a cold/stiff balloon, you're likely to burst it way before it would reach it's max girth/length.

your muscle fiber isnt anything like a cold balloon, u should warm it up. i read the article in MD last year, i never stretch anyway, it has to do with nuerotransmitter pathways. it made sense when i read it, and i havnt met any person who is educated in that area who argued against it(not saying anyone here isnt educated..) not many bodybuilders, PWLers stretch preworkout, maybe post.. they always warm up

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I remember reading somewere(dont remember were) That strectching actualy decreases your muscle strength especialy for lower body that's why I have never streched but then I was talking to sum1 earlier today and they told me that streching expands the muscle filica which would bring in nutrients and let the lactic acid out faster and other sorts of stuff so I'm sorta confused now if you can see what I'm getting at..... any1 who really knows alot about stretching or that could prove one way more effective over the other?

Jock191 is offline Associate Member
    You probably read it from something I posted on when to stretch.. Check out this site http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/0250.htm tells you alot about stetching there are tons of sites I can post if you have ne more questions.

Thread Information