amizzi25 is offline New Member

Inflamation in arms help!!!

Hey guys I am new to the website and I was hoping you could help me. I have been working out for over a year now eating properly and doing everything by the book, but recently developed a sharp pain in my forearms straight down the middle (mainly in the right arm) I had it checked out by the doctor and he said that it had inflamation and that I should not lift anything. He gave me a creme to use (anti-inflamatory) and told me to take advil but it has been like this for weeks now and my workout plans are really screwed up .Has anyone else had this problem before? and how did you deal with it ? and how did it develop in the beggining?
    any input would be appreciated
    Adrian

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd have to say I'd go back to the doctor and tell him what he prescribed/treated you for was off base.

Speculation here won't address the cure.

~SC~

mitch428cj is offline Member
    Did it happen to happen on a curl machine or when using a straight bar ?

amizzi25 is offline New Member
    Looking back into my workout journal it looks like it happend when I was doing bicep curls freeweight. Just came back from the gym and tried a curl on the machine and it didnt hurt much but freeweight felt like my arms were ripping open so thats probably what caused it , but why????
    and how can this be prevented again.
    thanx for all of your input
    Adrian

try using dumbells or EZ curl bars for the bicep and make sure you have your elbows by your side when you curl upwards , also make sure your seat is low enough on the curl machine i had a problem with that too put the seat down alittle and it was gone your position is probably putting to much strain on your forearm and not enough on your bicep
    Last edited by mitch428cj; 11-08-2004 at 12:33 PM.

as for the pain if its bad just let it rest for a few days then when you go back and your position is correct it shouldnt happen again

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like it could be tendonitis.. I have the same thing in BOTH arms.. phsyio told me to take two weeks off and I am getting physio done asap !!!!

Thread Information