FLHRCI is offline New Member

sweat smells like ammonia/urine

Ive noticed that when I have a really hard workout recently, that when I get real sweaty there is an ammonia-like smell in my sweat.... not quite a urine smell - it ambarrasing. Doesnt matter if I take a shower before the work out, my clothes are clean, my diet is clean. My supps are currently only Animal Pak multi, protein, creatine. Last thing I did was that new Animal Stak 2 and M-Stak. Its been at least 2 months since Ive done any PH (Animal Test).

seems like I read something somewhere about something converting to ammonia and coming out in your urine, but what is the deal with it in y sweat? its weird.

obviously nobody wants their sweat to smell like ammonia or urine so Im really open to any one's advice.

Age 44
    height 6'1"
    weight 240# @ 21% BF
    flat bench 300# x 1
    squat 495# x 5 (smith rack)
    leg press 1500# x 6
    dead lift 405# x 2

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

dude. you wouldnt be laughing if it was you. it was an honest question.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

very interesting article on bodybuiling.com. THanks a bunch man !

Quote Originally Posted by FLHRCI
    very interesting article on bodybuiling.com. THanks a bunch man !
    No worries bro...
    Google this... I found alot of info.. it's been covered many a time..
    Good luck bro...
    Also, carnitine is suppose to be able to help you.. do some research regarding this as well ...

cool. I was starting to wonder if I had a real problem of some kind, but it sounds like the kind of thing you experience from time to time and you simply make adjustments to get things back in balance.

Ive bumped my protein intake up because Im going heavy on a lot of stuff right now... lots of powerlifting and really pushing my strength limits to new levels. I had to cut down to 4 days of training a week because going heavy like this was really wearing me out and I needed the rest.

So its just another adjustment in diet and training it sounds like.

thx

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04

It was a valid question, I fail to see the humor.

~SC~

cool. I was starting to wonder if I had a real problem of some kind, but it sounds like the kind of thing you experience from time to time and you simply make adjustments to get things back in balance.

Ive bumped my protein intake up because Im going heavy on a lot of stuff right now... lots of powerlifting and really pushing my strength limits to new levels. I had to cut down to 4 days of training a week because going heavy like this was really wearing me out and I needed the rest.

So its just another adjustment in diet and training it sounds like.

thx
    That's what I read as well bro .. I think you'll be just fine with the adjustments that are suggested...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

It was a valid question, I fail to see the humor.

~SC~
    you know, i have been lurking around this website for quite some time now, and that is the first time i have seen that. sorry bros, but i do think that the average human being may find that humerous. now knowing that it is a real issue, i now understand. it is a legitimate question, and a problem that is no where as serious as gyno, which can be easily corrected.

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member
    I think I started the same problem just this week. I find that at times when I take too much vitamines, my urine smells like old buttered popcorn! Well i kept on getting a wiff here and there from my body this tuesday!!!!!!! I thought maybe my pants or shoes, girlfriends cat peed on it maybe. Well today its the same, I even smelt my shoes just to make sure and its not that.

So im taking it its me. Only things I changed are I started creatine monday and I started tanning a couple weeks back. Guess ill have to experiment

Ive noticed that when I have a really hard workout recently, that when I get real sweaty there is an ammonia-like smell in my sweat.... not quite a urine smell - it ambarrasing. Doesnt matter if I take a shower before the work out, my clothes are clean, my diet is clean. My supps are currently only Animal Pak multi, protein, creatine. Last thing I did was that new Animal Stak 2 and M-Stak. Its been at least 2 months since Ive done any PH (Animal Test).

seems like I read something somewhere about something converting to ammonia and coming out in your urine, but what is the deal with it in y sweat? its weird.

obviously nobody wants their sweat to smell like ammonia or urine so Im really open to any one's advice.

Age 44
    height 6'1"
    weight 240# @ 21% BF
    flat bench 300# x 1
    squat 495# x 5 (smith rack)
    leg press 1500# x 6
    dead lift 405# x 2

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Make sure youre drinking enough water...

PlimoMan is offline Junior Member
    Thats my guess too. Been a ruff last week and i even went one day with only 1 L. Definately not enough....

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Make sure youre drinking enough water...

Thread Information