Thread: squat problem

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member

squat problem

Does anyone else have a problem reaching back to hold the bar when doing squats? It is so painful with me I can barely get through 2 sets before I have to say f'it and move to front squats.

It hurts in my shoulders like you wouldn't believe. Mostly in my front delts. I try to stretch my shoulders out best I can before doing them but it hasn't been working.

Anyone have any similar problems and possible solutions?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Have your rotator cuff checked out..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i do.. i thought i was the only one..lol it kills my elbows and tendons runnin from elbow to my wrists, i can barly move my arms for af ew mins after squats, and it hurts for a day.. im so unflexable..lol

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    do you train shoulder the day or 2 before legs?? my shoulders burn so much when i train them that i am never able to finish a total shoulder workout.i train them on fridays just so i have 2 days before i have to do another body part.i hate shoulders.it is a good thing they respond fairly easy on me.wish i had the same problems with other body parts.

try squatting earlier in the week before you train your chest or shoulders.

betatest is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I have the same problem. I have to stretch my chest/shoulder area for several minutes before I'm ready to squat. Basically just put my hands on the bar where they should be and gradually stretch into squat position, take a break, repeat, until the bar is far enough along my back. After I've stretched enough to begin with, I don't have any trouble during my sets.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I usually train my legs before shoulders, but the day after chest. I will try that stretching thing you recomended BETATEST. I hope it works out for me! If not I think I will be makeing an apointment to get the rotator cuffs checked out next week. I have never had any problems with them before so I hope it isn't anything bad.

Thanks for the input bros'!

betatest is offline Associate Member
    Forgot to mention... contracting the shoulder blades together tends to help as well. It creates a more stable 'shelf' to place the bar upon, brings the shoulders back further while pushing the chest out, and generally makes it easier to get the arms into position. At least in my case...

Thread Information