Thread: cardio ?

rugbyking is offline Associate Member

cardio ?

i am bulking right now till mid december. prolly starting in january i want to start working on my conditioning for spring rugby. in the past i just to am cardio to burn fat, which i still want to do since im cutting in the spring. i usually just ride an eliptical but what is the best way to get a good cardiovascular workout and still spare muscle as best as possible. i need to get my endurance up without losing lots of muscle. i planed on doing the low intensity am cardio to burn fat cause that works well but it doesnt do crap for my cardiovascular system cause my hr isnt high enough. any ideas???

maybe glutamine?

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Perform high intensity cardio >85% Vo2/MHR/HRR or whatever method you do to find it. It will NOT burn muscle, it burns glucose/glycogen for fuel. Protein contributes a very small percent of energy contribution~

do i want to do that for like 20 mins or what kind of duration?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyking
    i am bulking right now till mid december. prolly starting in january i want to start working on my conditioning for spring rugby. in the past i just to am cardio to burn fat, which i still want to do since im cutting in the spring. i usually just ride an eliptical but what is the best way to get a good cardiovascular workout and still spare muscle as best as possible. i need to get my endurance up without losing lots of muscle. i planed on doing the low intensity am cardio to burn fat cause that works well but it doesnt do crap for my cardiovascular system cause my hr isnt high enough. any ideas???

maybe glutamine?

I'd practice my sport! Just play Rugby, do drills, sport specific training, sprints, cardio burst, etc.

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    when u start doing anaroebic conditioning, like rugby and so on, its almost impossible to not lose some muscle mass...

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    when u start doing anaroebic conditioning, like rugby and so on, its almost impossible to not lose some muscle mass...
    i realize this but im wondering if there is any thing i can do to minimize these unwanted effects

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Increase you Kcal. Make sure they are quality kcal, therefore, you will at least be in positive kcal balance, which make catabolism less likely.

Thread Information