pumped420 is offline Junior Member

shoudler trouble

My current goal is to really put some mass on my shoulders. I wanna start training them twice a week and i need some tips. This is my planned routine....
    Mon- Shoulders ( heavy mmilitarys, uprights, lateral, rear laterals, front raises)
    Tues- Back, bi's
    Wed- Chest, tri's
    Thurs-Shoulders
    Fri- Legs

I started doing a little behind the neck but I feel as much as I read I still cant get the form perfect because i seem to either get too close n tap my head or i feel like im overextendin better.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    that looks like a lot of exercises just for shoulders - especially if you are doin that twice a week

are you doin them all on one day?

if you are then you will be over training, you would have trouble recuperating from that after a whole week, let alone twice a week

pumped420 is offline Junior Member
    So what do you think would be better, doing a couple of the exercises twice a week mabye doin traps with back and alternating the raises to twice a week, or just leavin it to once at the begining of the workout week with the original exercises??

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I would keep it to once a week. I wouldn't advise doing shoulders twice a week since they already get stimulation on other days with other exercises as well. Once a week would be quite suitable for building them up.

i would split all those exercises into 2 workouts, but maybe add one specifically for the traps in at least one of your shoulder training days

so it could be

Monday: Military Press, Upright row, rear laterals

thursday: dumbel Press, laterals, rear laterals, Shrugs

this way you are doing 3 delt exercises twice a week and traps get worked directly once a week

they will get worked with uprights and military's anyway

you dont want to do too many sets as you wont be resting as long as usual now you are hitting them twice a week

also i'd maybe think about working triceps on thurdays with your delts as they will be too tired to cope with the pressing movements for delts the day after as you have planned

you probably only need 2 working sets of each exercise as you have to be wary of over-training if you are going ahead with hitting them twice a week

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    I would keep it to once a week. I wouldn't advise doing shoulders twice a week since they already get stimulation on other days with other exercises as well. Once a week would be quite suitable for building them up.

twice a week could be effective if his recovery ability is good, along with a good diet and plenty of rest

may want to ease up on the back and chest work in the meantime though, if u want to just focus on your delts

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be...but i would personally recommend only do it once a week... With his training program he would be working his shoulders on mon with his shoulder day, there would most likely be some shoulder work as a secondary muscle group as well depending upon the exercises used on back day...might be minimal and most likely pretty much just the rear delts, but there's still not much recovery time, they would be used quite a bit on chest day and then again the day after on the other shoulder day... That's a lot of shoulder work in one week day after day, and i could see it leading more towards over-training them then making very good gains. I suggest moving your leg day in the middle of your training days so there's a whole day off completely from shoulders in the middle and then 2 more rest days on the weekend... and/or.... including a rest day in between those workouts. You'll attain much better gains with proper recovery time...

Thread Information