TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

bad workout days...

what do u guys do on those days when ur out of energy and go to lift and ur warmout set feels like the actual normal weight set?? just say **** it and go home?? wait a while and come back?? just work through it?? just tried lifting and doing about 30 pounds less then i normally rep with on bench, think im just gonna wait an hour or so and try lifting again...

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Push through it bud.. Everyone has their "weaker" dayz.. but remember.. strength is not always indicitive of growth.. You are weaker usually because lack of sleep or bad nutrition.. so Lift accordingly... Jay Cutler points out some important information..He lifts according to how his diet and sleep and stress levels have been the past 24 hours.. Remember its not a show, its to grow!!

Pork Chop is offline Member
    go home.. rest up.
    me if i can't give it my all i don't bother.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    You sound like your in caffeine depletion mode. Before my workout i always have some caffeine, if not ephedrine; wait 45 minutes, and no matter how bad i did feel, i always felt pumped when it kicked in. If you do feel good but just feel weak, then you should lift accordingly. Dont take a break and come back a couple of hours later if all thats wrong with you is that you feel weak. Either take a day off, get rest and eat plenty, or lift lighter;go for a high rep workout. Switching your routine is good for you anyway.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have recently gotten into this, i had a bad chest day about a week ago? I felt so tired going in and chest is my weakest area (my bench is pathetic, but improving) and i stuck it out and continued my training session as normal.

If i have a day like that now, i pop my ECA 35 minutes before i lift. The first day i did that, i could have ripped that gym apart i was so amped.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    what do u guys do on those days when ur out of energy and go to lift and ur warmout set feels like the actual normal weight set?? just say **** it and go home?? wait a while and come back?? just work through it?? just tried lifting and doing about 30 pounds less then i normally rep with on bench, think im just gonna wait an hour or so and try lifting again...
    When that happens to me i really get angry almost to the point to where i could tear **** up. There are days i say **** it and leave, but then there are thos when i say **** it and stay and just finish.

gya321 is offline Member
    It really depends. Sometimes I say fvck it and wait till the next day or others just push through. If your so tired to the point of not keeping form and being sloppy, just wait.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    If you already did a set. their is no reason to go home and come back the next day to do the same workout because you will probably be a little sore. What i like to do on those days is just do somthing different and fun. like drop sets, super sets, giant sets , whatever, just use a shock principal. that way, you wont feel to crappy about being weak because you have nothing to compare your performance to. and you will feel great when you feel that burn. many times, when a chest day starts out bad, i finish up with a shock principal, go home, and come back stronger next time

Thread Information