Thread: Deadlift Form

mitch911 is offline Member

Deadlift Form

Can some1 tell me the propper form or give me a good diagram of the propper form. I want to throw this into my back workout. Are u suppose to lift using ur legs or mostly with lower back? aswell what is a better choice for hitting the lats? barbell rows or single armed dumbell rows? thanks for the help

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    check out www.abcbodybuilding.com... I find that barbells are good for overall mass.. A MUST in a routine whether done standing or to eliminate cheating upper chest on on a bench on a slight incline.. the pic's are on that site.. I find lawnmower pulls are good pump but would say barbell for over all!

LNK
    LNK is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    Can some1 tell me the propper form or give me a good diagram of the propper form. I want to throw this into my back workout. Are u suppose to lift using ur legs or mostly with lower back? aswell what is a better choice for hitting the lats? barbell rows or single armed dumbell rows? thanks for the help
    Here is a site that I use often. www.bodybuilding.com, sorry as this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. I cant comment on proper form becuase I dont know specifically what kind of DL's your talking about. But there are tons of sites out there to teach proper form.

As for lats, I find I get the best pump when I start a back workout with some good 'ol wide grip pull ups.

LNK

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Proper form is cructial. A year or so ago I did deadlifts with too much weight and the result was a herniated disk. Dont make the same mistake

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmmtheIceman
    Proper form is cructial. A year or so ago I did deadlifts with too much weight and the result was a herniated disk. Dont make the same mistake
    same here, go light until you get the form perfect, and even after that, don't go past your limits or try to cheat

you don't wanna **** around with deadlifts

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    a couple things that helped me out were:
    keep your knees bent at the beginning and just inside your arms
    and try to let the bar roll up and down your lets (espcially the shins) i found that helpful in trying to maintain proper form

Thread Information