Aggression is offline Member

Incline front shoulder raises

Anyone ever do incline dumbell front shoulder raises? What is the difference doing them like this instead of regular seated dumbell front shoulder raises? Do they work your front delts more? Do they work your synergists and stabilizers more (lateral delts, traps, etc.)?

Anyone ever have good results doing these and do you recommend them over the regular seated dumbell front shoulder raises?

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    I do these on my shoulder day. I dont use dumbells though, just a straight bar, gripped about shoulder width. It has help my bench so far.

Aggression is offline Member
    How do you do these with a straight bar?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I assume you mean when leaning back on an incline bench as when you perform an incline bench press. Do this at home now: lean back and place your arms in the start postion (arms perpedicular to the ground) slowly move them up until they are slightly above parallel. While doing it think about the ROM where gravity has the greatest effect and notice the size of that ROM. Do the same when seated straight up. Notice the ROM where gravity is having a relatively large effect is significantly smaller.

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member
    agression, the key with incline front raises is not to swing the weight. control it from start to finish. the inlcine allows for less cheating because the exercise is performed strict.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i do them last, after barbell presses, lat raises and rear delts.. then i hit front raises like chico explained.. ive had good shoulder improvement since i started those add ins

Thread Information