Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

Bolt-on Shoulders that look like bolders...

I’m not doing anything for shoulders, and goal wise this bothers me. I want BOLT-ON looking shoulders. They are one of my fav groups… but since I am a relative beginner, 6-3 @ 197lbs, I have been told to use these “compound exercises” … and that will INCLUDE shoulders… I.e., bench press does front deltoid, seated row does rear… Will this be adequate to get them bigger? And to keep them proportioned? Actually, I almost prefer DIS-proportioned, obviously erring on the side of TOO big. :-)

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    dunno what bold-on shoulders is

are you doing andy shoulder exercises at all?

add dumbell press or barbell press

Bench press and rows aren't enough for well developed shoulders. You want to hit them directly. Throw dumbell or barbell presses into the mix. I have good shoulders and I've always stuck w/ something like this- Heavy barbell presses, upright rows and front-raises. (Also hitting them indirectly from bench press, etc.....)

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    Bench press and rows aren't enough for well developed shoulders. You want to hit them directly. Throw dumbell or barbell presses into the mix. I have good shoulders and I've always stuck w/ something like this- Heavy barbell presses, upright rows and front-raises. (Also hitting them indirectly from bench press, etc.....)
    Young Slug is right. Incline and rows don't hit them directly. And i would recommend what's in bold too, just be very careful when you go heavy. Shoulders are something you don't want to hurt...oh yeah side raises also. alternate with front

Wait a minute, I'm about to expose my ignorance to a WHOLE new extent right now - WTF is the difference between barbell presses and Bench Press...? Upright rows vs Seated rows too.

Okay, so far what I've gathered is this;

Front raises [front delt]
    Upright Rows (however exactly that differs from seated rows) [rear delt?]

What about raising them out to the side of me? [for the sides?]

Sorry about my lack of nomenclature...

And most importantly, thanks young slug. You're too informative a guy for me to not say I apologize for the misunderstanding the other day.

I posted a few other items today, any chance you'd take a look at those young slug? It seems like most people will not answer ANYTHING in a post if there are many questions. Perhaps they get overwhelmed and give up... LOL. So some are redundant for the sake of breaking the larger post in to smaller questions. Not many answers have shown up.

barbell press (talking in terms of shoulders) is where you sit at 90 degrees and lift the bar.

bench press is bench press

upright rows-stand and row motion

seated rows-sit and row motion

It's hard to try and explain how to do certain lifts, so go here and it will show you how they are done. http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/slide...id=16&subId=37

I apoligize for the misunderstanding yesterday too. Sorry if I came off as being an asshole. I'll have a look at your other threads and see if i can help you out.

Thanks Y.S., i will check out that post... What do you recommend for the outer part of the shoulder, did I miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    Thanks Y.S., i will check out that post... What do you recommend for the outer part of the shoulder, did I miss that?
    Side laterals will concentrate on the outer part.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Love them side raises!

~SC~

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I think static side raises are great they blow mine up!! hit up military press and up right rows

Thread Information