Thread: Intensity!!

dnale48 is offline Junior Member

Intensity!!

hey guys im going to start training each mucle group once a week to absolute falure probably around 30 to 40 sets per group. I know yall will say that is ovetraing but then again i have herd alot of yalls training philosifies and it sounds to me like yall are F@#$in panzies, training your muscles only nine sets per group. I remember i had my best result ever when i trained each group about 20 sets a week, then i decided to tone it down abit just to expeiroment to about 12 sets per week but didnt get near the results. The way i see it is if you absolutley kill each mucle group then it has no other way to survive but to grow and get stonger. And think about it yall,, a lumber jack that swings an axe all day usually has really big stong arms, and they swing that axe several hundred times a day every day. I think the new age workout routine of bairly training your muscles for amazing growth is reserved for the sissy's that dont want to get in there and actually workout.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Obviously you know sqaut about physiology. I too do volume training but 40 sets per group?? I bet there are alot a bigger panzies doing nine sets than you, what are your stats? But just because you might be 250lbs does not mean you are in good shape or have a body women flock too. I myself am only 180lbs but small bone 5'6" but look much bigger with the definition to boot. Yup lumber jacks have big arms but do they have any tone & peaks?? Oh YALL ,I forgot, how about osteo arthritis and shoulder injuries ?
    Last edited by bluethunder; 11-13-2004 at 07:56 AM.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Have fun with your 40 sets.. tell us how it goes.

PUAHAHAHHAA.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my ? is this, since arnold knows so much, why even come here to us who dont know jack and post.. i mean i can back my workouts, and the fact that everything he stated with scientific proof, not "if you think about it" he must live in a trailor park in south alabama.. and hey retard try spell check. let us know when u get huge from those super sets of yours.. i hate newbs

Quote Originally Posted by dnale48
    hey guys im going to start training each mucle group once a week to absolute falure probably around 30 to 40 sets per group. I know yall will say that is ovetraing but then again i have herd alot of yalls training philosifies and it sounds to me like yall are F@#$in panzies, training your muscles only nine sets per group. I remember i had my best result ever when i trained each group about 20 sets a week, then i decided to tone it down abit just to expeiroment to about 12 sets per week but didnt get near the results. The way i see it is if you absolutley kill each mucle group then it has no other way to survive but to grow and get stonger. And think about it yall,, a lumber jack that swings an axe all day usually has really big stong arms, and they swing that axe several hundred times a day every day. I think the new age workout routine of bairly training your muscles for amazing growth is reserved for the sissy's that dont want to get in there and actually workout.

I have to say that some of my powerlifting routines I've used in the past used a lot of volume training,but also keep in mind everyone's goals are different. I'm not saying your workout is gonna work or not. I don't know your goals or your stats,diet.

To come on this board and call people pansies because they do less volume work is childish. I'm quite sure some of the "sissys" on this board that do these workouts would own you. Not to be harsh,but I'm always open about routines and training techniques. If you think one way is going to work forever then your wrong.

I get tired of insults on this board,and a post like this is an open invitation for it. If you think your training is that effective, you could have worded it much better then insulting others philosphies...

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    jack ass

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Everyone may be different and respond differently...but 30 to 40 sets per group. Then you call people "F@#$in panzies for training only 9 sets per group. No need for that

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    hey man everyone body is different, some people get better results from working out like that. u just need to find what ur body likes and keep with it. i myself workout arms/calves and shoulders 2 times a week. im growing so im staying with it. find out what ur body likes and do it. dont criticize anyone for their workout methods, cause its what works for them..

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    if 30 or 40 sets works for him then thats just amazing

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

~SC~

In addition, post a picture of yourself "pansy" that shows just how well this works for you.

I won't hold my breath...........

~SC~

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I think you can got to absolute failure in a lot fewer sets, especially if you do drop sets. After two drop sets on the last two exercise types, i'm basically at complete failure, like only being able to lift 20lbs on a hammer press machine. It would probably take me over 2 hours per session to do 40 sets.

jmillerdls is offline Junior Member
    i love this thread...great stuff

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    i dunno about anyone else but i'm really looking forward to dnale48's comeback to all this

by the way dnale48 - 40 sets? - your fcking insane
    see a doctor

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Unhappy

I'm curious to see your pics? Post em up and show us just how well your wonderful philosophy works.

Scooby1 is offline Member
    I don't think I need to add to this, BUT

Listen Hoser- There is no two persons on this earth that are exactly alike. Ergo what works for you MAY not work for everyone else. Each person/body responds to stress differently,and therefore your opinion is both invalid and ill thoughtout. Please keep your wanna be insulting comments and opinions to yourself.

thank you.
    Last edited by scooby122884; 11-28-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Wow that guy let us have it didnt he, I am going to change my ENTIRE workout since he is the all-knowing god of BB'ing. What have I been wasting my time on this board talking to all of ou "panzies" for

LOL
    Alex

I too would like to see some pics mr. olympia.. And I am also starting to believe this theory of "no such thing as OVER training, just Under eatting" I mean the better I eat, the less It hurts to go to total failure with the muscle groups, and I like that

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Good point AA-- but you left out another big issue-- that being rest and recovery!!
    If you do that many sets, which i wouldnt recommend, and your nutrition is based around your insane workout, and you sleep 12-14 hrs. I dont see why anyone couldnt do 30,40,50,90 set workouts?????? but then again -- I do have another life outside bodybuilding. Holla if ya heeeer me!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say this person won't ever be back w/pictures (of himself anyhow) and this post was made to get a rise out of people.

Wow, life must be VERY SLOW/BORING to have to do such things.

Hopefully you can eventually get a life, and actually set foot IN a gym, as it appears to me you don't workout at all, but do like to do cardio by way of running your mouth.

~SC~

Hopefully you can eventually get a life, and actually set foot IN a gym, as it appears to me you don't workout at all, but do like to do cardio by way of running your mouth.

~SC~[/QUOTE]

dnale48: Certainly someone with your superior education and training would have some pictures to post huh? I'm curious to see how well this works out.

Will Power is offline Banned
    40 sets would be much easier if you shove Winnie up your ass.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok.. umm wow.... well if doing that many sets helps.. maybe not doing any sets would make me grow.. from one extreme to the other

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Ok.. umm wow.... well if doing that many sets helps.. maybe not doing any sets would make me grow.. from one extreme to the other

No, because that would make you a "f*cking pansy!"

U MUST over-train and brag/boast and never post pics to be considered legit!

~SC~

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I see Starter7777 is back again..

Nice thread...It's Super Duper

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    and by the way buddy if u need 30-40 sets to bring your muscle to total failure that means your pushing pussy weight to get there with pussy workouts. anybody can use cables with 10lbs on the rack or a smith machine with 20 lbs of weight on it. but when it comes to the real workouts such as squats, deadlifts, heavy barbell bench press, and other compound movements such as those id like to see you pull 40+ sets with that. sorry buddy but it looks to me like your the panzie now and lets not forget with all those cables and smith machines youll use with 10lbs on it to hit that 40 set range it looks to me like your a pussy too.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    EDT training is about 40 sets in 20 mikes... now thats some severe intensity that really hurts for a few days after... coined by Charles Staley... I do it often for Biceps/Tricep super setting... I believe training fast and hard like this is especially good for arms and delts...

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    EDT training is about 40 sets in 20 mikes... now thats some severe intensity that really hurts for a few days after... coined by Charles Staley... I do it often for Biceps/Tricep super setting... I believe training fast and hard like this is especially good for arms and delts...
    Yeah, I did it for four weeks. I got more done in the first 15 minute segment than 99% of the others during their entire workout. EDT is awesome!

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Hahaha....this is too funny.

Thread Information