ryan26 is offline Junior Member

How many sets for squatting?

How many sets are good for squatting? Usually I do about 4 sets, but lately, when I'm finished, I don't really feel like my legs got a really good pump. (I can still walk easily ya know) My last two sets are very close to failure, so it's not like I'm only doing a little bit of weight. I get really good pumps from leg press, but I want squat to be my main leg building exercise. How many sets do you guys usually do?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    change it up, do your squats last (if your not already) after your other leg exercises

or put more weight on , hows your form?

G-S Guest
    I do a about 3 warmup sets, then do 4 working sets. 7 total.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    dude, blow it out on the squats. when i really train them hard, i squat til my legs get weak, and then move on. some days are different than others.......

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I do 5 sets of working squats, usually heavy (50% of max) 5-7 reps. Every 4th week (or once a month) I do a 20 rep squat workout.

ryan26 is offline Junior Member
    I see what you mean. So certain days I'll do them really heavy until my legs feel weak, and on other days I'll mix up the sets, and do like 2 heavy/low rep sets and 2 light/high rep sets. Does that sound cool or what?

Oh and I have really good form.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I do 3-4 warmup sets than I'll do 4 working sets. If you really want to work your legs good than you have to go down deep and when you think you can't do anymore....do 2-3 more reps! Also try and keep your rest time between sets down to under 4-5 minutes on your heaviest sets. Maybe your taking to much time between your sets to get a good pump going.

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    try and do your leg presses b4 squats and go heavy on both. that should blo your shit out of the water. ive been doing it and i have trouble walking 3 to 4 days later.

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member
    When I do squats I do like 4 sets, sometimes more depending on how much energy I have left. Since I do leg presses before squats and I use really heavy weight, by the time I get to squats I just throw 135lbs and do like 4 sets of deep squats til' failure. And if you feel they're still not tired, do some fuking hack squats til failure on each set. You'll be hurting after them!

Thread Information