HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

Question for In-Human

my question is, because i respond better to lower reps in the range of 4-6, but i want to stay with the dc training could i do a rest/pause set with the first set being 4-6 reps then 15 second rest than bang out say just one? would this be beneficial?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    you can try going to www.intensemuscle.com its a great forum. i think its run by dante himself, but it is for sure a dogcrap website forum. check it out, its really sweet. you can get any dc ? answered there

ok thanks bro

Swellin Guest
    Yeah, the site itself is owned by a guy called winnie. Dante runs the "Dogg Pound" on that site...a forum dedicated to DC training. In-Human is a mod in that forum, hand picked by Dante. When you stop in there, tell him I said hello. He is a class act! IH comes by here every now and then, but lately I think he has stuck pretty close to his home...IM.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crosby7117
    my question is, because i respond better to lower reps in the range of 4-6, but i want to stay with the dc training could i do a rest/pause set with the first set being 4-6 reps then 15 second rest than bang out say just one? would this be beneficial?
    Well I think you should stick with the rep scheme as laid out, why do you think you would respond better to low reps and not the 11-15 RP, the idea is to use the most available fibers you can incorporate with one very hard, all out assault, heavy intense working set, lower reps in the working set would not get you to your full growth potential, that is needed on this program, we go hard but brief.

I know this program is way out of the norm, but just give it a try as laid out and you come back in a few weeks and tell me what you think...
    Last edited by In-Human; 11-17-2004 at 10:32 AM.

are u saying that after say the first say 8rep set is done then the 3-4reps set classifies as the low rep set and same as the 1-2 set???

are u saying that after say the first say 8rep set is done then the 3-4reps set classifies as the low rep set and same as the 1-2 set???
    I think you lost me, maybe I did not understand your question correctly, I feel the program as we do RP worsets that 7x3x2 or a 8x2x1 would all be very fine and would cause you to get the most out of your worksets, if you are only getting something like 6x1x1 you are going way to heavy here and the biggest thing to learn with this program is to leave your ego in the parking lot, weights and strength will soar in no time on this program, remember we increase weight and or reps everytime we rotate back to that same exercise every 12 days if you are on the 3 day per week routine...

ya sorry i wasnt very clear on my question, what i meant was the sets that you perform 3reps and then break then 2 or 1 reps do these low rep sets have the same effect that a straight(regular) low rep set would have?

ya sorry i wasnt very clear on my question, what i meant was the sets that you perform 3reps and then break then 2 or 1 reps do these low rep sets have the same effect that a straight(regular) low rep set would have?
    No they would not, simply the fact that you are going to total momentary positive and negative failure 3 seperate times for one working set in a very short period of time, so you are totally destroying the group of muscles you are working on in that given exercise...

ok i thought in one of your previous threads that you said they were similar in stress on the muscle, but ok thanks for clearin it up!

ok i thought in one of your previous threads that you said they were similar in stress on the muscle, but ok thanks for clearin it up!

If you are doing a straight set on a blast period then you would be going to positive failure once, if you were on a cruise period then you would not go to failure at all with that one straight set, so I am not sure what previous post you were talking about...

Thread Information