dyno278 is offline New Member

new routine help please

okay i need a new workout routine i think i am goin to the gym way to much i think. i am 6'1, 150 lbs yess i know its 150lbs i have a very fast metabolism and i eat alot, okay this is what my routine looks like now if u guys can help me out, and make a new routine that would be great

mon- off
    tue- bi - tri's
    wed-chest
    thur-back
    fri-shoulders
    sat-bi-tri's
    sun- chest
    okay please dont flame, because i am askin for help. what do you think would be good for a new routine, i need all the advice

i do 3 sets on everythin, the first set i do 15 reps very light to shock the body , then the 2-3 sets very hard, i started goin this for the past 2 months, but i dunno, what do u guys think, i am askin for help please dont flame, thanks all

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    No time to break it down completely right now, i'll come back to this thread...but it's a bad move the way you have it set up... you train your tri's the day before chest so you're exhausting them the day before which would definitly impair your ability to do a lot of chest exercises properly... plus you're looking to over train the way you have it set up there with doing chest and arms twice in the same week like that.
    Explain your exercises for each body part.

I didn't even notice... plus you dont work your legs at all.

BigDogRonnieC is offline New Member
    where are your leg days bro listen the only way to pack on serious weight is in the legs. i cant stand guys in the gym who think they are all bad putting up 3 4 hundred pounds on the bench and then you ask them to squat, they couldnt even put 225 on the bar and do a squat the right, way pathetic. they look so stupid with those skinny legs and big upper body so unperportionite. the biggest muscles in your body are in the legs and glutes. sorry dont mean to go on a rampage but i just cant stand that shizzle. ill give you some info later when i think of somthing.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    AHHHHH! The classic penetentiary physique workout!

(Felons w/arms and chest and chicken legs!)

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by dyno278
    okay i need a new workout routine i think i am goin to the gym way to much i think. i am 6'1, 150 lbs yess i know its 150lbs i have a very fast metabolism and i eat alot, okay this is what my routine looks like now if u guys can help me out, and make a new routine that would be great

mon- off
    tue- bi - tri's
    wed-chest
    thur-back
    fri-shoulders
    sat-bi-tri's
    sun- chest
    okay please dont flame, because i am askin for help. what do you think would be good for a new routine, i need all the advice

i do 3 sets on everythin, the first set i do 15 reps very light to shock the body , then the 2-3 sets very hard, i started goin this for the past 2 months, but i dunno, what do u guys think, i am askin for help please dont flame, thanks all

BigDogRonnieC is offline New Member
    how many days a week are you looking to work out and what are you looking for strenght, size, cutting, agility, speed?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I'm pretty sure at 150 lbs hes looking for size...

Regarding your diet/metabolism, yes you can think you eat a lot, but if its not the right kinds of foods at the right times, it doesnt do $hit for ya... post up what you eat in a normal day along with how many grams of protein/fat/carbs and we'll be able to help you a little better

i mostly eat like subs, chicken, pizza, fast foods, stuff like that. if u need anymore info let me know, i dont really count my cals so i dunno

yea and i wanna put legs in my work out, i dunno i wann work out like 4-5 a day, i just need a good rountie. because u guys know all ur **** so i need help, Ejuicer i can tell u know ur **** man

Mon= chest
    tue = shoulders and abs
    wed = Legs and abs
    thurs = back
    fri = arms
    sat = off
    sun= off how does this look, thanks for all ur help everyone

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    AHHHHH! The classic penetentiary physique workout!

(Felons w/arms and chest and chicken legs!)

~SC~
    LOL..no doubt

Mon= chest
    tue = shoulders and abs
    wed = Legs and abs
    thurs = back
    fri = arms
    sat = off
    sun= off how does this look, thanks for all ur help everyone

That is far better then the way it was before... I would change your ab training to mon, wed, fri though. I would still like to see which exercises you do for each body part though because depending on which one's you use, your current order in which body parts are worked might need to be changed still.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Don't do arms the day before you do chest...

I usually do arms after I do chest because your arms are ( should be ) already a bit fatiqued after your chest routine ( presuming you do lots of Bench sets like I do )

And listing your rep range would be nice since "very hard" could mean a lot of things

decadbal is offline Banned
    pen workout.. OMG swole iwont even try to go here now..lol

okay all i just wanted to say thank you for ur help i think that is gonne be my new routine, i want to give u some things i do at the gym, i want everyone to tell me whats good to do and whats not, thanks all i mean it

Mon= chest and abs
    tue = shoulders
    wed = Legs and abs
    thurs = back
    fri = arms and abs

chest
    flat dumbbell press
    incline dumbbell press
    cable crossovers
    flat dumbell flys
    butterfly machines
    incline benches

shoulders
    seated front barbell press
    reverse pec deck
    barbell front raises
    dumbell shrugs

back
    pulldowns
    seated cable rows
    close grip leverage machine
    bent over barbell rows

bi's
    seated dumbell curls
    preacher curls w/curl bar
    CC cable crossover curls high
    standing curl bar

tri's
    skull crushers
    seated overhead extennions
    pushdown machines

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    i dont really count my cals
    you need to... or at the bare minimum count how many grams of protein youre getting in a day

also doing chest/shoulders on adjacent days isnt good, youll work them both and your tris with either workout... i'd space them out by 3 days
    Last edited by AandF6969; 11-17-2004 at 02:02 AM.

josh8416 is offline Associate Member
    hey for chest, do some weeks with barbell. i did dumbells forever and i didnt notice any improvement until i switched to barbell

so how do you think my routine should look like? thanks all i mean it, sorry for begin a pain, i just wanna do the right thing i dont wanna waste my time doin somethin thats not gonna help me and i know all u people know ur stuff.

I would drop cable crossovers, replace dumbell press with a barbell so you can handle more weight which will allow you to pack on more mass. Maybe alternate dumbell press in every other week or every couple weeks if you'd like.

Replace front raises with some laterals because you arent really getting enough work on the medial head.

Replace close grip leverage machine with deadlifts... you arent really getting a lower back workout in there at all and deadlifts are a great exercise for packing on mass.

Get rid of crossover curls.

Your tricep routine looks good but i would alternate some close grip bench with one of your exercises every other week... maybe with pressdowns.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't do chest and shoulders on back-to-back days. Put back after chest. Chest would be your push day, then followed by a pull day (back). This also eliminates doing biceps the day after a back workout. I wouldn't do more exercises for chest than any other bodypart, makes no sense. Pick 3-4 compound movements, then finish with your single joint movements. Put your deads/bent rows/one-arm rows first in your back workout, then finish with a machine based exercise if desired. Combine this with Ejuicer's advice and you are looking pretty solid.

o m g, u people are awsome really i cant thank u enough, u people no ur stuff thats why i wanted to to help me out. u guys could have easily been like go fcuk ur self or u need this but u guys took ur time to help me out and i am,gonna try it my new routine Fri wit bi and tris, i did to chest wed because i need sick and i didnt go to the gym so i started it off wit chest so but ya i am gonna start it tomrrow, thanks all yea the routine is gonna look like this
    Mon= chest and abs
    tue = back
    wed = Legs and abs
    thurs = shoulders
    fri = arms and abs

That looks a lot better... good luck with it

Thread Information