Thread: maxout

uttyler dude is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up maxout

i was wondering how many warm-up sets you guys do before trying a one rep max?

example: if you warm up with a 45 on each side. how many sets would you do before attempting a max of say 300lbs?

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    I can tell you what I do when I max....

I start out with 135 ( a 45 on each side ) , I do that for 8 reps

185x4
    225x2
    275x1
    315x1
    335x1
    365x1
    385x1

That is how I warm up for a max .

thanks bro

decadbal is offline Banned
    i never worry about the 1rep max, so i couldnt tell you, if your worried about it, id say your lifting for a shallow reason.. try 3reps...thats a real max, i could prolly bounce 50 or 60lbs more than i can really bench for one rep... its a BS lift imo

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    I can tell you what I do when I max....

I start out with 135 ( a 45 on each side ) , I do that for 8 reps

185x4
    225x2
    275x1
    315x1
    335x1
    365x1
    385x1

That is how I warm up for a max .
    i do it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i never worry about the 1rep max, so i couldnt tell you, if your worried about it, id say your lifting for a shallow reason.. try 3reps...thats a real max, i could prolly bounce 50 or 60lbs more than i can really bench for one rep... its a BS lift imo

im really gettin tired of you having a pissy attitude toward me and what i post, if your gonna constantly be that way, then dont post on the threads i do, or get over it, either way grow the phuck up
    Last edited by Decadbal; 11-16-2004 at 09:29 PM.

little herculeis07 is offline New Member
    is this a decent max for a 14 year old bodybuilder- 255

if thats your then you wont be here long, this is 18 up..come back in 4 years... and yea if its true

thanks for the imput fellas. deadbol, my brother and i maxed out before the start of our chest program and now we are through and want to see if the program worked. we never bounce weight, thats the absolute worse way to do any exercise. but we will try the 3 rep max.

Quote Originally Posted by uttyler dude
    thanks for the imput fellas. deadbol, my brother and i maxed out before the start of our chest program and now we are through and want to see if the program worked. we never bounce weight, thats the absolute worse way to do any exercise. but we will try the 3 rep max.
    the 3rep is what most if not all college sports and athletic programs go by... thats why it is best, usually the ppl who wanna do the 1rep are the blowhards, thats all i meant brah

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    the 3rep is what most if not all college sports and athletic programs go by... thats why it is best, usually the ppl who wanna do the 1rep are the blowhards, thats all i meant brah
    i guess all powerlifters are "blowhards".ha!ha!(laughing at you not with you).whats wrong with wanting to know your 1 rep max?sheesh!

LNK
    LNK is offline New Member

example: if you warm up with a 45 on each side. how many sets would you do before attempting a max of say 300lbs?
    IMO, going for a one rep max is a good way to hurt yourself. I think you'd be better off sticking to something that you can do for 3 or 4 reps and use a chart to calculate where your max is. Just my two cents worth.

LNK

LNK

IMO, going for a one rep max is a good way to hurt yourself. I think you'd be better off sticking to something that you can do for 3 or 4 reps and use a chart to calculate where your max is. Just my two cents worth.

LNK

LNK

IMO, maxing out is a good way to hurt yourself. My advice is stick to a weight that you can get 3, maybe 4 reps out of and use a chart to see where your max falls in. Just my two cents worth.

LNK

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radar1234
    i guess all powerlifters are "blowhards".ha!ha!(laughing at you not with you).whats wrong with wanting to know your 1 rep max?sheesh!
    hate to do it, but i agree with deca on this one. 1 rep is stupid. when guys talk about that, they are bascailly trying to say whos cock is bigger. sure i can get one clean rep @ 400 on the bench, but if i go for a one rep max i can easily toss on another 30 pounds and bounce it off my chest.

now when u can do 3 its better. like he said, this is the system all colleges use, and i use as a strength and condition coach.

u do have a bad attitute here radar1234, and no one likes it.

just my .02

thanks again for the imput deca and w rballs. Guess i should have worded my question a little better. I meant a clean rep like w rballs was sayin. and i also know what your sayin about throwin the weight. 3 reps is more of a challenge! thanks again bros

Thread Information