bigcanadian is offline New Member

Anyone use this Hammer Strength piece? (pic included)

I train at home. I am fortunate enough to have access to a machine shop (my dad's) and have built 10 pieces of workout equipment (all Hammer strength except my Flex T-bar row). I already have a Hammer Strength plate loaded shrug machine, but the frame isn't 100% square. It needs to be fixed. The Hammer squat/lunge is, in my opinion, a more versitile piece to have. It would be nothing to make one and the Hammer home page lists shrugs, deadlifts, squats, and lunges as exercises you can do with it. I like the idea of doing deadlifts without grating the skin off my shins (yes I am a pussy). I think am I going to my buddy's gym on Friday morning after work and measure it up. Any opinions ya or nay?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone use this Hammer Strength piece? (pic included)-squat-lunge.jpg  

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally, I hate machines. Free weights are better for your muscles because a machine like this uses leverage. It's only heavy at the bottom. The stress on you muscles isn't uniform. If you don't like doing bar bell deads, use dumb bells and call it suit case deads.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    I love hammer strength stuff (my fav one is their military press machine), but i dont see how that one works?

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcanadian
    I train at home. I am fortunate enough to have access to a machine shop (my dad's) and have built 10 pieces of workout equipment (all Hammer strength except my Flex T-bar row). I already have a Hammer Strength plate loaded shrug machine, but the frame isn't 100% square. It needs to be fixed. The Hammer squat/lunge is, in my opinion, a more versitile piece to have. It would be nothing to make one and the Hammer home page lists shrugs, deadlifts, squats, and lunges as exercises you can do with it. I like the idea of doing deadlifts without grating the skin off my shins (yes I am a pussy). I think am I going to my buddy's gym on Friday morning after work and measure it up. Any opinions ya or nay?
    You can use this machine for Deads, One Arm Bent Rows and Shrugs, it is a nice piece of equipment, Hammer makes three models of this paticular item, one has a chair for Seated Shrugs, one version is just like this one but with a platform. Hammer makes some excellent pieces of equipment that can be used in every workout program there is...

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    ya i use it for shrugs once in a while, hammer strength r the only machines i use.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I don't like that machine for shrugs, does not feel right to me.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    How the hell does it even work. Is there a bar that goes from either side that im not seeing?>

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    i use hammer strength and free weights. if you can make any peice to add to your home gym go for it the more the merrier

bigcanadian is offline New Member
    Thanks guys for the replies. Hedzilla there are 2 sets of handles that stick out the front. The top set are narrower than the bottom set. It pivots at the back and you put the plates on the top or bottom horns. Craneboy you are right when you say the more the merrier, but I am very limited for space. I have done quite well getting what I have in. I have my dip bars and Hammer Strength Iso behind the neck press sitting outside. I have to get that thing in before there's snow on the ground. I'm not 100% sure
    In-human, but I think the squat/lunge with the platform is an older version. I've seen one for sale on ebay and that's just how it looked to me-an early model.
    Last edited by bigcanadian; 11-18-2004 at 08:19 AM.

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    BC, Yes the platform version was made in '92 and the Seated was made in '94, the one shown here is a model from '00, also all of these you can get Iso or Double...

Thread Information