Thread: DC squats

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member

DC squats

Just started the DC training. On my 'B' workout, if I choose to squat, which I will ( ) do I do the 20 rep scheme, with a couple warm ups, or can I choose to do the 2 work sets, a heavy set, then heavier set. I know DC doesnt rest-pause on some movements, squats being one.

What I'm asking, are my 2 choices:
    1. couple warm up sets, then 1 set of 20 straight reps
    2. warm up set or two, then 2 working sets, then a heavy, then a heavier?

Is this correct?

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aspengc8
    Just started the DC training. On my 'B' workout, if I choose to squat, which I will ( ) do I do the 20 rep scheme, with a couple warm ups, or can I choose to do the 2 work sets, a heavy set, then heavier set. I know DC doesnt rest-pause on some movements, squats being one.

What I'm asking, are my 2 choices:
    1. couple warm up sets, then 1 set of 20 straight reps
    2. warm up set or two, then 2 working sets, then a heavy, then a heavier?

Is this correct?
    Its up to you to decide what you want to do, if your Quads are easy gainers, then go the hevy 8 then the heavier 4 reps worksets, if you are a hard gainer go with the heavy set of 8 then a lighter set of 20 reps on the Smythe...

aspengc8 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help. I'll probably do the heavy 8, then do 20. I want to see how my legs respond to that.

Im coming off of doing a bodypart every day, and taking the weekend off. After doing my first day of DC, all I can say is the rest-pauses are killer. I lowered almost all my weights inorder to do it correctly. You definitely have to be mind set to do this workout. At first I felt It wasn't enough. I wasn't sore the next day ( just a little tight ). The stretches were killer.

Only time will tell now!

In-Human is offline Junior Member
    This is probably the hardest thing about DC's program is starting at very light weight leaving your ego in the parking lot and de-brainwashing yourself from what you have learned about training and eating, its a tough program to learn from boards correctly...

Thread Information