Thread: trying to build

CSnoddon is offline Junior Member

Unhappy trying to build

im sorry for asking this and feel a bit silly doing so because it is day one stuff but i broke my wrist(scaphoid) in august and obviously havent really been able to train properly as i have been in plaster although i have improvised and maintained my protein intake and diet.the thing i want to know is that i cant lift really heavy at the moment and although i can still workout to failure with the lighter weight/more sets and have kept my weight and physique while doing this would it be possible for me to continue to build like this if my intensity was still high and i kept to the correct nutrient intake or am i just going to nkeep what i have until i can start to progress heavy again.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I feel you need to let your injury heal to its fullest before putting intense tension on it. Use this time to feel the burn. What i mean is since you have to go light, make sure you feel the muscle contract with each rep. Focus more on mind, muscle connection rather than the weight. I've learned that and although im not lifting as heavily my muscle seems like their getting bigger. I think i was stronger because I was using more of my secondary muscles to push the weight. End result, i was stronger but not bigger. Now since i emphasize the mind muscle connection i'm bigger. I'd rather look bigger than be stronger, but thats just my personal preference.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    First thing keep it wrapped on any lift involving grabbing something i.e. anything but legs. Try not to bend it during movements.

CSnoddon is offline Junior Member
    thanks for that guys i have kept it well wrapped and it is gradually easing up and i think i have got the idea into my head that heaviest is not always best ok you look s***hot when the bar is full of weight but the quality just wasnt there and i think it took me to injure myself to realise that.i will concentrate on what you said 6 pak and go for the burn ..thanks again fellas

Thread Information