ProUser910 is offline Associate Member

Critique My Sick Workout

Its 5 days of the week and 2 rest days and each exersice is no more then 5 sets and thats only for a couple usaully iim at 3 exersices but some have 4 and notice how you dont do a same body part workout every week its every 2 weeks you do for example flat bench press with b/b so i think itll hit the muscles every time and ill have good soarness the next day

Chest Back Rest Arms Shoulders Legs Rest

Bench Press B/B
    Decline Bench Press B/B
    Incline Bench Press D/B
    Ultra Wides (Arms all the way out of the bar)
    Pushups
    Pectoral Compound D/B(Close to Neck/Close to Chest)
    Pushups Between Chairs
    Feet Elevated Bench Dips
    Medium Grip Flat Front Raise Lateral Pullovers
    Low Pulley One Arm Chest Laterals

Chin Ups
    Lat Pull Up
    Lat Pull Downs Close Overhand
    Lat Pull Downs
    Dead Lifts
    Seated Rows
    Seated Floor Row From High Pulley
    Hyper Extensions

One Arm Isolated Preacher Incline D/B Curls
    Preacher EZ Bar Curls
    Standing Wall Curls with EZ Bar
    Standing Cheating Barbell Curls
    Zottaman Curls
    Seated D/B Curls
    Seated Close Grip Barbell Triceps Curl And Press
    Adam Old School Extensions
    Skull Crushers
    Rope Pull Downs
    Dips

Arnold Press
    Seated Barbell Press
    Arnold Shrugs
    Barbell Shrugs
    L-Laterals
    Static Laterals
    Front Plate Raises
    Upright Plate Rows
    High Pulls (Smith Machine Lt Style)

Squats
    Half Squats
    Reverse Lunges
    Front Squats
    Good Mornings
    Leg Ext
    Standing Calf Raises

Incline Bench Press B/B
    Lying Hammer Curls
    Bench Press D/B
    Static Bench (Hold bench for 60 seconds)
    Incline Pushups
    Decline Pushups
    Neck Presses (Bench Bar to Neck)
    Bent Forward One Step Forward/Back Crossovers
    Around The Worlds D/B
    Pulley Crossovers

Close Grip Chin Ups
    Static Chin Ups
    Back Machine T-Rows
    Back Shape Machine(Forms Your Back Creasing)
    Bent Over Straight Arm Lat Pull Downs
    Barbell Rows
    Dead Lifts
    Hyper Extensions

Reverse B/B Curls
    Standing Inner Bicep Curls (D/B Pause at 90 degrees then curl fully near the shoulder)
    Animal Lying Cable Curls
    D/B Preacher Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Cheat D/B Curls
    JM Press
    Reverse Grip Tricep Bench
    Single D/B Incline Tricep Extensions
    Seated Tricep Press
    Straight Bar Cable Pulldowns

Dumbbell Press
    Rocky Presses (Front then Back)
    D/B Shrugs
    Barbell Shrugs
    L-Laterals
    Static Laterals
    Front Plate Raises
    Upright Plate Rows
    High Pulls (Smith Machine Lt Style)

Static Squats
    Leg Press
    Lunges
    Box Squats
    Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
    Leg Curls
    Seated Calf Raises

After my workout i do this

Treadmill 20min a day

Abs

Crunches (Feet up on a bench) 100(5 sets of 20)
    Twisting Crunches (Feet up on a bench) 100 (50/50 4 sets of 25)
    Decline Crunches 40 (2 sets of 20)
    Bent Knee Incline Board Raises 40 (2 sets of 20)
    Machine Crunches 100 (3 sets of 33)
    Seated Leg Tucks 40 (2 sets of 20)
    Bent Knee Side Raises 100 (50/50 4 sets of 25)

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    There's entirely way too many exercises that are being done in your entire routine.

I'm not certain what your goals are, but I think this is waaaaaay too much bro.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Too much, pick 3-5 exercises per bodypart, depending on how many sets you do.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    More isn't necessarily better, its just more.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind you don't grow in the gym.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Holy sh*t I lost muscle just reading that.

~SC~

should i go 7 exercises per body part because if i go 3-5 that wont make me soar ive tried to stay in the gym for an hour and expect to grow but 2 hours in the gym is what works for me besides i know alot of the pros spend 3-6 hours in the gym i know arnold was going 6hours a day, 6 days a week and im going to be on 750mg of test 500mg of eq along with other supplements

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes but you just said it.. a lot of PROS spend 3-6 hours in the gym.. I still think that's a lot.. and if they do spend near that amount they are using a split routine and they are using A LOT of roids and they're diet is perfect!!! i agree sometimes u need to kill yourself.. but not that much bud

Quote Originally Posted by ProUser910
    should i go 7 exercises per body part because if i go 3-5 that wont make me soar ive tried to stay in the gym for an hour and expect to grow but 2 hours in the gym is what works for me besides i know alot of the pros spend 3-6 hours in the gym i know arnold was going 6hours a day, 6 days a week and im going to be on 750mg of test 500mg of eq along with other supplements
    Give me a 1RM for any exercise you want. I will then tell you how many reps and what weight to use for each set.
    Why do you want to soar?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    not enough legs. Need more variation with the legs. if you really want to make strength gains try doing bench for like 10 sets of 3. This is the way powerlifters lift and more of westside approach which has worked incredible for me.

-SHRED

mitch911 is offline Member
    If thats not overtraining then i dont know what is

That workout is sick

how can i do more legs thats ridiculous...... im doing all the main lifts and hittin it for 5 sets and that is the most guarenteed body part to be soar the next day... because when ur muscles are soar thats how you know theyve grown according to my movement science teacher who went to college for about 10 years to learn about the body but apparently hes wrong ahah maybe im overtraining for the weak but any1 that has endurance and can hack it feel free to use it

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ProUser910
    how can i do more legs thats ridiculous...... im doing all the main lifts and hittin it for 5 sets and that is the most guarenteed body part to be soar the next day... because when ur muscles are soar thats how you know theyve grown according to my movement science teacher who went to college for about 10 years to learn about the body but apparently hes wrong ahah maybe im overtraining for the weak but any1 that has endurance and can hack it feel free to use it
    wow.. is he a big guy?? compete??

or is he so stupid he had to go for 10 years.. maybe he should have taken better notes..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    ProUser--- Man get a clue. These forums arent here to hurt you. If you wanted someome to be so impressed with THAT SICK WORKOUT ask someone with no knowledge and/or expertise in the subject. You are extremely overtraining, If your actually doing this every week. I couldnt even imagine a bad your diet is. You better be taking in over 10000 cals a day. A good sign of someone staying in the gym hours on end is their intensity level, or there lackof.

i didnt think 30 sets was overtraining i dunno why the pros do it if its no benificial explain that one why did arnold lift a body part 2 hours a day and he did 3 body parts a day thats all i wanna know i mean he was doin alot more juice then me obv. but im not doing as much as he is in the weight room per day either right now im 6'1 245 and i need to cut up for the summer so i figured the only way to do that is with this high intense workout and i have a great diet brewed up which is 3000 calories and it might be alot for sum1 trying to cut but remember i am on juice and most of those calories r going to be had before the lifting. I am not trying to act like i know it all but im sure my science and human bio proffessors know more then you guys im sorry if that offends you but thats the truth and they said the avg person should be in the gym for an hour liftin weights so unless u wanna be the avg person i guess go more and more intense im sorry if this offends any1 but i wanna get to the pros and i know this is how they do it im still young so i got time to make it there

If it works for you thats great. If your following exactly what arnold did when he was a pro, then i think that is a mistake. We all have different body chemistries, which your bio professor should have told you, and the way that certain training techniques affects our bodies may be different. How long have you been lifting? Arnold competed up through his mid-thirties. That means he had been working out for at least 15 yrs. His body can handle all of that torture he put it through on a day to day basis because of the extent of his training. By the way, your listening to your science and bio-professor about bodybuilding??? What expertise do they have on bbing??? What is acceptable for the average person, who may or may not workout, is not for bodybuilders. Your talking to people here who have knowledge on bbing, people who may even compete. I, myself am training for a comp in April, i am also a certified trainer. Do you think i go to bio and science professors to get advice. H*ll NO!!!!. You need to quick listening to those people and pick up a d@mn book or at the very least, listen to people with actual knowledge.
    On another point---- If you rate your workouts by how long your in there for and not by the intensity of your workout, then again, i think your making a mistake. Pros are still as intense in the biginning as they are at the end. Can you do that after 2 or3 hours. You probably think you are-- and thats fine, but do yourself a favor, get a trainer at your gym to critique your workout, since you obviously dont want to listen to none of us.

6 pak i like the points u made an thats exactly right ive been training hard for 5 years now and my body doesnt grow if im in there for an hour high intense ive tried that it just isnt for me i jsut think my workout is so nice because so many different lifts slightly hit so many different little parts of your body and 2 hours isnt overtraining i mean first off the weights are only for an hour and a half and then the running and abs take a half hour so i mean im good i know what im doing my body can handle it and hopefully one day i can come here and say im in the pro's

Good luck!!!

tomaccojuice is offline New Member
    Being sore is not nessescarily a sign your body "growing" (especially if you have been doing this for 5 years), but it usually an indication of poor nutrition. Doing that many exercises in one session is nonsense. Focus on just a few lifts per muscles group and crank up the intensity. Always stress quality over quantity.

1. There's entirely way too many exercises that are being done in your entire routine.
    2. I'm not certain what your goals are, but I think this is waaaaaay too much bro.
    3. Too much, pick 3-5 exercises per bodypart, depending on how many sets you do.
    4. More isn't necessarily better, its just more.
    5. Keep in mind you don't grow in the gym.
    6. Holy sh*t I lost muscle just reading that.
    7. If thats not overtraining then i dont know what is.
    You come asking for a critique, you get several opinions, which all are similiar. That should tell you something. Then you insist that your "Professor" knows more than all of us. If that is the case, do not bring your questions to the board, take them to him and waste his time. By the way, it is sore, not soar!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    bro way too much you're going to start loosing muscle if you keep going with that! and maybe the reason you feel you need to do that many sets and exercise for a body part is becuase you're not going intense enough so you try to make up for that by doing high volume! also arnold and those guys probably could have been a little bigger if they didnt do so much! besides there are studies that show after about an hour your body starts going into a catabolic state so these 2 hour workouts guys are doing are just going to end up back firing! plus who can really go all out for like 5 exercises per body part with however much juice??? i know i can't and i know alot of guys on the board will agree with that! try raising the frequency of the workouts and cutting down the volume big time!

Thread Information