juggernutzz is offline New Member

question about bench strength....

hey im curious about something...i started lifting when i was 19(early 2000). i was strong on bench naturally, and in 1 year i was up to 315. then right after that my new job was at night(midnight shift). so, i would wake p at like 6 pm and didnt have much time for the gym. eventually i just stopped going cuz i was just to damn tired to all the time. now i just staterd back at the gym in jan. of this year, and my bench is at 225 for about 3 reps. now i was wondering how long it should take to get back up to 315 again. (and im not working nights no more)

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    it depends on how hard you work, what you eat, how sleep, what supplements you take......in other words, it's too hard to predict

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    my aft coach said that u should b able to get back to the same strength n six weeks unless mass has been lost. what was your lean body mass when u dont 315 and what is it now.

mishon1, my bodyweight was 175 and i was pretty lean. u could see my abs, and i had good deffinition. after i stoped lifting i went down to 160 in about 2 months. now i am heavier than i was before (180), but im not as lean as before. im caring some extra b/f for sure. since i started in thr gym again i have been eating 6 meals a day again, taking in 180-250 grams of protein a day.

hewy is offline Junior Member
    then u should be fine, eat good, train hard and it will come back in a couple of months. i personally took a 6month layoff due to surgery and about 2-4 months later i was benching about the same weight, just keep pushing yourself and youll get 315 again in no time

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Muscle has got a memory so it should take about 6 week to get back....

Gearnow is offline Junior Member
    you should able to get it back with hard work and dedication in about a month. muscle memory is always there. give it about a month or a little more like bexsome said. you'll be fine

Gulk18 is offline New Member
    i went from 200 too 230 with only taken cell tech but i have a bad ass bench workout.. it only took me three weeks to get to that and i have never been there

what type of bench workout is that? if u dont mind me asking.

Gulk18 is offline New Member
    it is one out of a book tell me how much you bench and then i will tell you the work out

Thread Information