Aggression is offline Member

Anyone ever had good results with this exercise?

Has anyone ever done this exercise? What muscles does it primarily hit? What other muscles does it hit? I plan on doing this exercise right after I get done doing lat pulldowns.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...mPulldown.html

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    2 out of the 3 questions can be answered by reading the link you provided us with.
    It is okay to finish with, but would not make it a staple of a back workout. Also, stimulates the abs through stabilization.

I was mostly interested if you guys had good results with it. I tried it today and I felt it in my outter lats (teres major).

Anyone else?

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally like this excerise. but its good to finish off with like hyper said. we have a hammer strength machine at my gym that does the same motion thats good.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the straight arm pull down and mostly use it as my finishing exercise. Ocassionally will use to warm up set before other back exercises. Very good stretching and very effective for your abs when you increase the weight a little. The key is keeping your arms locked out straight. DB pull overs are the same idea getting a good stretch and expanding the rib cage if your breathing is right. It is a exercise too many neglect imo..

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I agree with it being a finishing exercise. It works if done properly. My only problem with it is that you tend to get more tricep work out of it if you go heavier. Far more better exercises but can be included periodically.

If I was going to do this exercise what would be a better rep scheme? 3 sets reps of 15,12,10 all while increasing the weight each set or 3 sets reps of 10,8,6 all while increasing the weight each set?

imann is offline Member
    It's not that serious of a back exercise ,I have used the exercise as a finishing exercise in a cutting period,tends to really hit me in the upper and upper inner back area also makes your abs stablize your core. I would oly do about 3 or 4 sets of 10 or 12.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    not necessarily a good mass builder, but if you looking to pre exhaust it is a great lat isolation.

I have been doing them after close grip lat pulldowns for 3 sets reps of 15,12,10 all while increasing the weight each set and I'm getting good results.

Would it be better though if I changed the rep scheme to do 3 sets reps of 10,8,6 all while increasing the weight each set?

pcity is offline Junior Member
    its part of my back routine i always do this for my last workout

Thread Information