WannabePro is offline Associate Member

Spacing out muscles for optimal growth? fact or fiction

for optimal growth....spliting bi's from back and chest from tri's by spacing them out in the week ideal for optimal gains?
    day 1: chest
    day 2: back
    day 3: legs
    day 4: shoulders
    day 5: tri's
    day 6: bis

rest between chest and tri's......3 days
    rest between tri's and chest...... 2 days
    rest between back and bi's .......3 days...
    rest between bi's and back ...... 2 days

day 1:Legs
    day 2:chest
    day 3:back
    day 4:shoulders
    day 5:tri's
    day 6:bi's

rest between chest and tri's......2 days
    rest between tri's and chest......3 days
    rest between back and bi's .......2 days
    rest between bi's and back ......3 days

Day 1: chest
    Day 2: back
    Day 3:shoulders
    Day 4:tris
    Day 5:bi's
    Day 6:legs

rest between bi's and back ...... 3 days

Day:1 chest
    Day:2 back
    Day:3 legs
    Day:4 shoulers,tris
    Day:5 bi's

rest between bi's and back ...... 3 days

note: i dont like doing shoulder presses before tri's because of the pre exhaust theory. i like to be fresh!

I think i need 3 days of rest between tri's and chest as opposed to 2 days of rest from chest and tri's. because the tri's exhaust more when doing them alone as opposed to doing chest with them acint as a secondary muscle in action.... I never do tri's before shoulders because i wont have enough energy for my shoulder presses
    So if i need 3 days in between tri's and chest and back and bi's and only 2 days between chest and tri's and back and bi's, #2 and #3 would be best, but who the hell wants to start off the 1st day (monday) with legs, or do them on a weekend!! and #4 sucks because i dont like doing tri's with shoulers because the tri's are worked on the shoulder presses. Looks like i have to settle for workout number 1. also i think doing shoulders the day after chest is a bad idea.
    I think i need 3 days of rest between tri's and chest as opposed to 2 days of rest from chest and tri's. because the tri's exhaust more when doing them alone as opposed to doing chest with them acint as a secondary muscle in action.... I never do tri's before shoulders because i wont have enough energy for my shoulder presses.

any other routine suggestions? thanks
    Last edited by WannabePro; 11-22-2004 at 11:43 AM.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    No matter what you do spacing your muscles from too much training is needed for growth. How much growth depends on so many factors. But if you separate chest & tri's like you are doing because you get your tris exhausted before chest then you are doing something wrong. Same with back & bi's. I would evaluate your exercise techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    No matter what you do spacing your muscles from too much training is needed for growth. How much growth depends on so many factors. But if you separate chest & tri's like you are doing because you get your tris exhausted before chest then you are doing something wrong. Same with back & bi's. I would evaluate your exercise techniques.
    i need at least 2-3 days of rest for my tri's before i hit chest. My recovery is purely genetics. how could i be wrong?

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabePro
    i need at least 2-3 days of rest for my tri's before i hit chest. My recovery is purely genetics. how could i be wrong?
    keep a journal. if from one workout to the next you are not getting stronger - give yourself more rest. Your journal will determine wether what you are doing it right or wrong.

I used to think it was gay to carry a notebook and write stats down.

I work chest on tri's on the same day. Back and bi's on the other.
    This way, they are warmed up already from the previous exercise so i can full bore right away rather than getting a semi-indirect workout one day and a full workout the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop
    keep a journal. if from one workout to the next you are not getting stronger - give yourself more rest. Your journal will determine wether what you are doing it right or wrong.

I used to think it was gay to carry a notebook and write stats down.

I work chest on tri's on the same day. Back and bi's on the other.
    This way, they are warmed up already from the previous exercise so i can full bore right away rather than getting a semi-indirect workout one day and a full workout the next.
    Thanks Pork chop, a journal is a great idea.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    fiction-dc has already done a lot for me.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    I do your first lay out... Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders, Arms. I do bis and tris the same day... I mean they are both very small muscles in comparison to back or legs... so they fit in the same day nicely... besides.. your better off with 2 days rest a week.. (if you follow a weekly schedule)

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Try other different routines, like putting shoulders with chest. Changing it up periodically is whats optimum for muscle growth. If your bis get to pre-exhausted when doing back, same as with tris, your probably using them more than you should. Remember mind-muscle connection!!! The only set routine that i always follow is keeping back and legs two to three days apart, since both get hit pretty hard. Other than that ive tried working out both big bodypart w/ big bodypart and small bodypart. Try both to see what works best for you!!!

Thread Information