Thread: Bulking Sets

mitch911 is offline Member

Bulking Sets

Currently i am bulking and my sets are 10,8,6,6 is this good if im looking to put on mass. What should i do ..also i need to keep it to 4 sets per exercise as i only have an hour because i workout at school.Thanks

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    What was your rep scheme before "bulking?"

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    for bulking up bro i would stick with 4-6 reps, go as heavy as u can til failure.

decadbal is offline Banned
    what is your diet, thats more important that how many reps..

My diet is in check i have posted it on here a few times to have it critiqued. My rep scheme before bulking was 4 sets of 12. I always lift til failure.Then once i started bulking i switched to 10,8,6,6... should i forget about the 10 and 8 and just go like 6,6,6,6 or 6,6,4,4...any sugestions

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Its hard to tell you exactly what rep scheme to use. A powerlifting set scheme would be reps no higher than 6. If thats what your going for i would say use that range. People put on mass with different rep ranges. That really depends on your fast/slow twitch fibers. The only way to really get a good idea is to try both. I know alot of reps for my quads is the best for me. Upper body I like to go anywhere between 8-15 reps. If im not feelin the burn, I'm not gettin anything out of it.

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    OH yeah-- you say you got your diet in check--If you havent gain anything in a month or so i would try bumping everything up. Like decadbal said it is the most important factor when trying to gain or cut up.

Thanks for the advice, my diet is doing good because i can see the gains, i was just thinking of changing my rep scheme to see if i can further these gains.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    My diet is in check i have posted it on here a few times to have it critiqued. My rep scheme before bulking was 4 sets of 12. I always lift til failure.Then once i started bulking i switched to 10,8,6,6... should i forget about the 10 and 8 and just go like 6,6,6,6 or 6,6,4,4...any sugestions
    Then I would suggest 5 sets of 6 reps, being that you are coming off of 4 sets of 12 reps. You should have a solid base to transition into a major strength phase.

Thread Information