Thread: Biceps

lean123 is offline Associate Member

Biceps

I think for me my problem spot to grow would have to be my bi's. My trieps are huge while my biceps look like they are lacking. I work my biceps until they hurt and then some, with both free weights and resistance. I always do reverse also. ANyone have any good techniques to get those bulky bi's???

Thanks For Any Help
    -Lean

statuZ is offline Banned
    squat, deadlift, rows, and dips, and incline presses.

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    squat, deadlift, rows, and dips, and incline presses.
    for biceps???

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lean123
    I think for me my problem spot to grow would have to be my bi's. My trieps are huge while my biceps look like they are lacking. I work my biceps until they hurt and then some, with both free weights and resistance. I always do reverse also. ANyone have any good techniques to get those bulky bi's???

Thanks For Any Help
    -Lean

Reversed are mainly used for forearms. IMO just stick to the core movements-- 3-4 sets 6-8reps barbell curls
    3-4 sets 6-8 reps hammer curls

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Technique should also be addressed. Are you getting a full ROM? Swingging with back and shoulders?? You must concentrate on the biceps pulling the weight up, and slowing taking it down.

Yeah i fully focus on my ROM and the biceps themselves. I work them until they hurt once or twice a week....but a couple hours later i feel nothing and that goes for the following days as well.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    hammer curls are good for some size on them bis also will working ur forarms some to

I think that could be the problem...i rarely work my forearms...im gonna give that a try,....why does that help with bis though ?

Quote Originally Posted by justin2305
    hammer curls are good for some size on them bis also will working ur forarms some to

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    I think that could be the problem...i rarely work my forearms...im gonna give that a try,....why does that help with bis though ?

well while in doing hammer curls ur working out ur bis

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    You're workin out brachs when you do hammer curls, the muscle under the bis. Thats why your bis will look bigger and fuller when you work them. It ALSO will work your forearms, but its not primarily a forearm exercise.

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Info you lean123 free weights IS resistance training..

By resistance I meant MACHINES.....that is also why i said i train with "both free weights and resistance"...maybe a better peice of advice from you would have been more helpful....I dont really see how youre advice would help my biceps however....

Cheers
    -Lean

Thanks For Any Help
    -Lean

Yeah I think I am def. going to try doing more hammer curls...thanks for the help fellas....

-Lean

Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    You're workin out brachs when you do hammer curls, the muscle under the bis. Thats why your bis will look bigger and fuller when you work them. It ALSO will work your forearms, but its not primarily a forearm exercise.

Genetics bro, it's the **** genetics, I have been trying to get my peaks for years, my tri's are pretty good size but my bi's have never peaked out the way the should.

Quote Originally Posted by the hulkster
    Genetics bro, it's the **** genetics, I have been trying to get my peaks for years, my tri's are pretty good size but my bi's have never peaked out the way the should.

LOL maybe i have the not so good genetics! If i am just standing my tri's look huge and my bi's arent real bad...i mean they are a good size but to me they are to small ya know. Its really frustrating! I just want my bi's to look equal with my tri's lol but i'm am gonna keep working at it and we'll see.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    LOL maybe i have the not so good genetics.
    Nah, they may develop slightly different from others, but it doesn't mean you cant get them big. I used to be so darn lanky it's rediculous, but now I'm pushing 17" arms. A favorite bicept routine of mine is as follows:

Heavy dumbell curls 3x10 60 pounders
    Hammer curls 3x10 45 pounders
    SLOW Curl bar curls. 4x10 (2 sets wide, 2 sets close grip) 95 pounds
    cable curls at head level 3x10 60 pounds each side.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Nah, they may develop slightly different from others, but it doesn't mean you cant get them big. I used to be so darn lanky it's rediculous, but now I'm pushing 17" arms. A favorite bicept routine of mine is as follows:

Heavy dumbell curls 3x10 60 pounders
    Hammer curls 3x10 45 pounders
    SLOW Curl bar curls. 4x10 (2 sets wide, 2 sets close grip) 95 pounds
    cable curls at head level 3x10 60 pounds each side.
    Yeah, my biceps now measure like 15 1/2in. and extra inch and half would do lol. I am def. going to try that routine tomorrow though!! Thanks A lot!

-Lean

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    By resistance I meant MACHINES.....that is also why i said i train with "both free weights and resistance"...maybe a better peice of advice from you would have been more helpful....I dont really see how youre advice would help my biceps however....

Cheers
    -Lean
    Bro, my statement was not a flame just a clarification,yes I know your probably meant machines. To answer your question I would do both tri's & bi's same day alternating. Since your tri's are okay just use lighter weights with a great hold & squeeze technique. As for the bi's alot is genetics but the first exercise should be straight bb with last set to failure. Then try some db hammers followed with preachers ez bar. As a finishing your may wish to do some incline cable one arm at a time getting the full stretch. Position your balanced body behind the incline with arm over incline and hold the peak contraction for 2 seconds. There are so many variations but this should be a good bread & butter routine.

LOL i didnt take it as....no problem.....Thanks for the tips i greatly appreciate everyones help....Tomorrow i'm going to really tear theses bitches down!!!!

-Lean

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Im trying out the pully machine for a while to see what developes i seen the best pumps in months on it the other night. So far i like it alot.

My normal dunbell routine is about 2 sets one heavy then i lower the weights before my arms shaq up and what ever else i can throw at them with 45lbs and 40lbs.

On the pully machine i pulled out. You know the one with the box frame over you head with cables in each corner.

Overhead Curls
    3x8 80lbs
    3x4 70lbs
    -------------lower back chinups 4
    Underhanded
    3x6 70lbs
    2x4 60lbs
    -------------lower back chinups 4
    Overhead again
    3x8 80lbs
    3x2 70lbs
    3x2/3 ? 60lbs

Did shoulders w/dumbells seated
    3x8 55lbs

Chest Flys
    one set for 18

Couldnt do another curl and my wrist where still ok i also look a little bigger.
    Last edited by dingobite; 01-14-2005 at 08:55 AM.

Kreatine_Kid is offline Junior Member
    I dont know if anyone has mentioned it, but 21's would be an option. Just set a weight you can complete the full sets with.

If that doesnt work, nothing will.

jkoehn1 is offline New Member
    Try using drop sets and forced negatives for a month. Did wonders for me.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

Thanks For Any Help
    -Lean

you are probably overtraining. it is not good to do resistance everytime with biceps. try doing 2 heavy exercises and 1 light/burnout

Thread Information