Thread: knee pain

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member

knee pain

hey guys, i was wonderin about my knees lately. they hurt a little and when i put alot of stress on my right one it starts to really hurt, i think that it is in my joints or something. i have taken off like 2 or 3 weeks and they still ache. i dont want to lay off my legs for too long but don;t want to seriously injure them. what should i do???what exercises or supplements? i am only 20 and i am naturaul...

Azer is offline New Member
    Hmmm, not sure what could be causing it, but back in the day when i had knee problems i started taking glucosamine and chono...something. After about 3 or 4 weeks my knee was very good and didnt hardly hurt anymore. It will take a bit for it to work but it definetly helped me out.

decadbal is offline Banned
    gluco and chondro, take those.. drink more water and depending on where the pain is, try to get back to workin legs, if they are gonna hurt whether you work out or dont, then work out

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    Its called glucosomine and chondroiton. They are very effective combating joint pain. When doing any squat movement, dont go pass parallel, to stay safe, stay right above parallel. Going too low will put alot of stress on your knees, and could possible tear cartilege. Box squats are ideal for people who have knee problems. It also could be that you put too much stress and tension on your knees without the support from your hamstrings due to the inbalance of power. I would suggest going light on your quads for 1 month, but destroy your hamstrings.

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    if you are doing thigh extensions (leg extensions) then stop doing them, they put alot of sheering pressure on the knees

there is something i have heard about box squats, that when you sit on the box it lets the muscles in your back relax and transfers the weight to your spine, which could be potentially damaging to your back, so i would be careful with those as well

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    well it just hurts in my right mainly, when i do leg extensions it does hurt alot worse, i think i will do light squats for a while so thanks everybody for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    if you are doing thigh extensions (leg extensions) then stop doing them, they put alot of sheering pressure on the knees

there is something i have heard about box squats, that when you sit on the box it lets the muscles in your back relax and transfers the weight to your spine, which could be potentially damaging to your back, so i would be careful with those as well
    Yeah i agree so dont relax your back.There good because it allows you to keep your knees from going past your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    well it just hurts in my right mainly, when i do leg extensions it does hurt alot worse, i think i will do light squats for a while so thanks everybody for the information.

Try a different leg position on extentions. Scoot up in the seat to where when you bend your knees your quads are at the end of the seat. Rotate the extention part back to where you have a greater range of motion. This position puts all the stress on your quads and away from your knees.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    See a doctor and get an accurate evaluation. That cannot be done via a message board.

~SC~

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    See a doctor and get an accurate evaluation. That cannot be done via a message board.

~SC~

Thanks.

Thread Information